“Good Pizza and Salad”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed April 8, 2018

The pizza at Dion's is good, not great, but good and tasty is better than most pizza places. The service is counter based, so no one waits a table. The prices are a bit lower than normal perhaps reflecting that. My partners' salad was fresh and delicious and all in all we would try Dion's again if in the area.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We’ve eaten here quite a few times and always enjoy the food. Sandwiches, pizza, salads are always tasty. On this visit, they didn’t have our pizza slice ready when we picked up our food. When it was ready we were pleasantly surprised to learn they’d given us an additional slice to make up for the oversight. Good service done right!

Grant C, Public Relations Manager at Dion's, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Hello C W, Thank you for the review. I am glad the store was able to turn a potentially negative situation into a positive experience. I will make sure they receive your feedback. Thanks! -Grant

Reviewed March 8, 2018

After my last review, I heard from our local Dion's manager in a timely manner and was given a number and email. I called and mentioned this one unusual experience among other good ones. After giving my address, I received a gift card in the mail that more than made up for the not-so-good lunch and returned with friends and kids. Thank you Dion's!

Reviewed March 2, 2018

Stopped in for lunch while in town for business, the location on El Paseo was quite busy but the staff was friendly and the food was quick and fresh. Enjoyed a nice salad and one of their fresh daily made cookies. Would definitely come in again as the food and staff were both great.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

I enjoy Dion's as much as the next guest. My fave dish is the chicken pecan salad, sub the blue cheese for feta, scratch the tomatoes and add black olives.
Today however, we experienced an extended wait for our food, my salad, a small pep and a sandwich. Shouldn't have been a big deal right? We constantly heard names being called over the intercom and tables around us eating before us. My always to polite boss went to the counter to see the sandwich sitting on top of the oven, the pizza sitting separately on another counter and the salad no where in sight. When the food did come to the table the first thing I see looked like a hair - an eyelash I could have lived with - this was a long hair weaved through my salad as I pulled it out.
No apologies from the staff, not one - for the wait or the hair. Disappointing to say the least.
The best part was a delightful and polite Sarah tending to the tables.

Brianna H, Public Relations Manager at Dion's, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Hello TProvencio,
First, I want to apologize for the hair in your salad. That is definitely not okay, and doesn't meet our standards for Great Food. We should have made it right in that moment by making a new salad. I also want to apologize that you had to wait so long for your food. We'd love some more info about your visit, and a chance to make it right. Will you please Contact Grant at GCondon@dions.com or 505-858-1010? Thank you! -Brianna

Been to Dion's? Share your experiences!