“Used to be a favorite”

Las Cruces, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to be a favorite”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Let me start by saying that this used to be a great place to eat. The last three times, however, have been dismal. I always order medium cuz they constanty over cook the steaks. One time they burnt my steak black, and went I sent it back, the kitchen sent out a bloody rare steak. Today, they sent out a well done, no pink, very dry steak. My daughters sweet potato was burnt and tasted disgusting. I can forgive one bad nite, but three in a row???

On a plus, the waiters and waitress' are fantastic, helpful and always upbeat.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lisa L

new mexico
“Beware-It can be awful!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been going to the Roadhouse for about a year, since it was voted best steakhouse in Las Cruces, but my last trip was as disaster!! I ordered the large filet, and what was served was better suited to repair the bottom of someone's shoe. It was EXTREMELY overcooked, and less tender than shoe leather! I sent it back and was brought another. It was not much better. What a disappointment! I'll never go there again, and I would advise everyone to avoid this place. How they could serve such a piece of meat is beyond me.

• Visited May 2013
Ruidoso, New Mexico
“Terrific!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We love to eat here and the food is awesome. What a fun atmosphere! My steak was the best I have ever had.

Visited April 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Best Steaks in Las Cruces”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I don't care what people say about places like Cattle Baron or Double Eagle .... Texas Roadhouse knows how to do steak .... and for a much better price.

Appetizers, such as the Cactus Blossom or Rattlesnake Bites (tastes like chicken) are well portioned and quite afforable.

The wide choice of entrees ensures that everyone in your party will be satisfied. The dessert menu is a little lacking though, but who has room after a Blossom and an 11oz Sirloin??

Nice that the restaurant supports local schools with fund raisers that offer discounts.

Probably my favorite place to eat. Sometimes the music is a bit loud, but if you want a quieter time, try Sunday afternoons.

• Visited April 2013
“So so good.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The place is quaint. Service was fantastic and fast. Best ribs I have had in a long time. They have the most amazing rolls. Price is perfect for amazing food. Will most certainly be going back.

• Visited April 2013