“hit and miss”

Dining options: Reservations
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“hit and miss”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I am a local and have been to Si restaurant about 7 times over the past 4 years. I have had their pizza twice, and the first time it was excellent. The second time, a month later, it was not made to order so I returned it. The replacement was actually inferior to that one. Their lasagna is excellent as is their fettucine alfredo (when they have it). Their lunch menu is inconsistent -- sometimes it is four pages, sometimes it is two. It is not inexpensive, and there is sometimes a wait.

Their desserts are also excellent.

• Visited August 2012

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Don't Skip Dessert At This Establishment”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I come here on special occasions. It is amazing!!

FOOD- I've never ordered anything here that was not excellent. My husband always gets a pizza with salami and kalamata olives, and he savors every bite every time! I like to mix it up a bit and I have enjoyed the pastas very much. Another fantastic dish is the artichoke lemon soup, if that is the soup of the day when you go, order that! My favorite dish there is the Salmon Caesar Salad. Their dressing is fantastic and the flavors are a perfect mixture in this dish.

SERVICE - I never come here when I am in a hurry because it does take a while to get your food. The staff are always very kind and accommodating. It is a great place!

DESSERT - No matter how full you are, order dessert! You can tell everything is made from scratch. My favorite is the Mocha Cheesecake, but ALL the desserts there are amazing. If you are having a small-ish get together and need a dessert, you can buy a whole cake. It is a little expensive, but so worth it!

• Visited May 2012
Las Cruces
“Pleasant experience; fast, friendly service”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were looking for an Italian restaurant in Las Cruces and found this mentioned on the web. From the outside, it looks like it was originally a large old house, and dining areas are both in what appears to be the main part of the house as well as an addition on one side. We ate in the addition, which felt more like a party room than an intimate bistro.

But that being said, our experience was wonderful Service was fast, friendly, and attentive without being intrusive, which we like. We always like it when they notice your water is getting low and refill it without having to be asked.

The food was great, and the desserts exceptional as they make their own pastries, mostly cheesecakes, right there, and you can go up to the case and choose what you want. You can also buy any of the desserts to take home. I like coffee with my dessert, and theirs was among the best I've had.

We plan to return, and we recommend others give this restaurant a try.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Dan29942
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
“little seceret”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

worth getting off the beaten path and going here. wonderful romantic atmosphere to take a date...beautiful historic building. Good Italian food albeit a bit pricey....the pizza is awesome as well and the bakery is worth the trip alone....incredible bakery get our sweet tooth fix and even one to go!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jody G
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cute and Tasty”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

So we went on Valentine's Day for the pizza and beer special. It was the one day they apparently didn't have the special offered which was disappointing. That said, the pizza was quite good, especially for New Mexico (not a pizza mecca, to be sure). The waiter was very personable but comically forgetful; he remembered everything except (repeatedly!) the drink order for one of my friends.

• Visited February 2012