“Best hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Wisconsin,USA
“Best hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I love staying at Drury hotel's. The rooms are very comfortable. Evenings there is food and drinks set out for you. And in the mornings they have a full breakfast. The price you would think would be high for everything you get, but it isn't . It's very affordable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goldandsilverrush

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I am being a little picky here by not rating it higher but I am comparing it to another Drury I stayed in in Franklin TN, which was amazing so I was a little disappointed. This is a slightly older property and felt a little dark inside. It was very busy with kids everywhere which was a little annoying for us who were travelling without Children. I'd say it is aimed at the family market much more than singles or couples. There is a 'kickback' hour in the evening which entitles you to free drinks and some food, however this couldn't be classed as dinner- it's some packet macaroni and cheese and baked potatoes or nachos etc. No healthy options and not something you would be wanting to be feeding your children- hopefully. Breakfast is similar, held in the lobby area. I was pretty surprised to see people walking around in their pyjamas at breakfast as well.
The rooms are clean however and front desk staff were friendly. If you are travelling though NM I would recommend it as long as you aren't expecting anything fancy or classy.

1 Thank SacredTrickster
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay here in Las Cruces. We appreciate hearing from our guests as we are always looking for ways to improve and further the level of service we are providing. I am happy you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Our 5:30 Kickback is designed for guests to enjoy a drink and a few hot snacks before an evening on the town.

Again, we are always looking to better ourselves and I will share your comments with our team to help the process of any changes that may come in the future. I hope we will see you again if your travels bring you to Las Cruces in the future.

Sharon Gilham
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

After a bad experience with a hotel reservation in El Paso where we left without staying (NOT part of the Drury chain), we drove on to Las Cruces late at night and found this Drury Inn and Suites. What a wonderful experience! Hotel and room was excellent and staff was friendly and helpful. It couldn't have been a better experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SnowbirdSandy
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed for 3 days--the hotel is easily accessible--two problems with the room were corrected in less than an hour...breakfast is excellent and plentiful as is the social hour --could easily substitute for dinner. Staff was welcoming and more than helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PurpleSageGolden
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel as part of our bus tour. We had a ground floor unit right next to the lobby. We were quite concerned about the noise at first but to our surprise, it was very quiet and we are very light sleepers. We had a very good night sleep.

Room: very clean, spacious and comfortable. Didn't need to make our own coffee as beverages (coffee, tea & soft drinks) were just around the corner.

Location: it's near a highway and there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

Value: we didn't pay for the room directly but felt that it should be good value because they were very generous with their drinks and food. Maybe we booked as a group so we received a few extra perks. We were offered 3 alcoholic drinks each during the "kick back" time and the food was enough for a meal. The taste was reasonable. Breakfast was pretty good too.

Staff: very friendly.

We never stayed at Drury Inn before but after this one, we'll certainly keep them in mind in the future.

1 Thank Jag1988
Corpus Christi,Tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Really the place is nice but I had so many noise issues during this stay that I cant help but give it a poor rating. First of all, I made the reservation quite in advance and was staying three nights. I requested a top floor room because of noise issues before in other establishments. I just wished they would have honored that in the first place. The first 2 nights there were noise issues but not to to bad. The third night is when all heck broke loose. It started about 5 pm when it sounded like a herd of cattle moved in right above us. I complained after about 45 minutes of non stop running by the kids in the room. I did not get asked at that time by the clerk to get moved. I left hotel for awhile and when I got settled for bed it started back up again at 11:30 pm! I called and complained again. I did get offered to be moved to another room but I was already in my pajamas so I did not. The lady did comp my room for the night. The sad thing is, I did request this months in advance and had an extended stay so I just wish they would have honored this in the first place. It would have been a great stay otherwise.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ms_Blondie58
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces. We appreciate your business, and your honest feedback. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with noise issues during your stay. We attempt to honor all requests that our guests make, and again I am truly sorry that we did not meet this request for you. I will share your comments with our team to help them improve in this area. We continue to strive for excellence in service and to provide a home away from home for all of our guests. I hope you will give us another chance and that we will see you again.

If there is anything my team or I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out to the hotel!

Sharon Gilham
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have stayed at this property on several occasions when we travel east. The rooms are very nicely appointed and have refrigerators and microwaves. Bathrooms are spacious. Probably one of the best things about this place is the evening reception (Kick Back hour) when they serve drinks and a light meal that always seems to include the most delicious baked potatoes. This last visit was no exception............great potatoes, penne pasta, meatballs, fresh salad, chips and cheese sauce. Guess it really shouldn't be called a light meal after all. Breakfast is always good and much better than the other chains that serve breakfast. Rates are incredibly reasonable for such a nice place.

Room Tip: High floor away from the freeway