“Loving the Drury Inns”

Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed June 13, 2013

After staying at a few, we have started to look for Drury Inns when we're on road trips. We've found them to be great deals, with lots of stuff included for a modest price. In addition, their people seem to be very well-trained and they work as seamless teams to ensure a good stay for you. This Drury Inn in Las Cruces was no exception.

We arrived just in time for the included evening meal. This is not a top-notch meal, but it does just fine, with some basic selections. When you're not interested in getting some local color or have limited time, as we do on these one-night stays, it fills the bill. Getting a couple of free drinks doesn't hurt either when you're road-weary at the end of the day. The people serving at the evening meal were tremendous - very helpful, personable and polite.

The included breakfast is a bit more than you would expect, too.

Even the free internet service was better than expected and I used the fast upload times to catch up on posting some photo files to my online storage account. That's nearly impossible to do at most hotels, even the high-priced ones which tack on an extra fee for internet.

The room was comfortable and spacious -- again considering the low price -- and we both slept well on our king-sized bed. The only downside was how close this particular hotel is to the Interstate, which whips cars right on by. The soundproofing is enough to take care of it, but you might want to request a room facing away from the highway.

Though they furnishings in the public areas are comfortable and stylish, there is no pretending this is a four-star hotel. However, you won't get ripped off for extras as you would at those four-stars. You'll just get good service, a nice room and a good stay. Enough? We think so.

Room Tip: Look for rooms facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank camerajim
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am learning to love Drury Inns. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are quite nice, clean, and comfortable. The evening snacks are fun, but the breakfast is really great. They are allow pets so our two little poodles were welcome and we didn't feel like 2nd class citizens because we had pets with us. Wi-Fi worked well. I wish there were Drury Inns everywhere we go!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank planolady
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Clean, quiet, talented, capable, friendly staff. This hotel beats 4- (and some 5-) star hotels for a fraction of the price. Did I mention clean? Comfortable. Nice breakfast. Lots of kids but the layout accommodates them if you're traveling solo and don't wish to be surrounded by the high energy. It's just a smart, well-laid out (and did I mention clean?!) hotel. Free WiFi, comfortable beds, spacious rooms, hot water, clean bathrooms. I think I found my go-to chain.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room next to an elevator and typically dislike this sort of location due to noise. Not...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NuggetTexas
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business. The staff went well beyond the call of duty to accommodate my needs. I was staying at a nearby property when their water was disrupted. The Drury allowed me to check in early and provided me an excellent room. In fact, this property is well maintained and the hot breakfast is wonderful. I will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: The staff at this property go above and beyond the call of duty to make you feel welcome.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank abqneely
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice standard hotel that is reliably good. Staff was very attentive and friendly. Enjoyed the breakfast in the morning, though they could cut back on the salt in their food. We requested a suite on the mountain side to lessen freeway noise. Room had a slight naptha smell and walls are thin; could hear our neighbors talking...fortunately they retired early. Otherwise, it was comfortable except I didn't sleep well due to the air conditioner which was quite noisy. Really, Mr. Drury....time to step up and purchase some quieter units for your hotels...they are available: Mitsubishi, Coastal Air, etc. The pool was wonderfully clear and clean. We had it all to ourselves!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alpha_Cen_AB
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We discovered the Drury Inn chain on a road trip to Missouri and Kansas and fell in love with them. When I looked for hotels in Las Cruces and saw that there was a Drury Inn the search was over for me. And again I was not disappointed.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is very friendly. It is located right off the interstate. When we arrived we were exhausted after a long day of driving and sightseeing and we didn't really want to go out and look for a place to eat dinner. The 5:30 kickback was perfect. We didn't even have to leave the hotel until we checked out the next day. From 5:30-7:00 they have free food and drinks for their guests including 3 alcoholic drinks for adults. The breakfast is great. They pretty much offer everything.

We also stayed at the the Drury Inn & Suites in Albuquerque at the end of our trip which I will be reviewing soon. I highly recommend staying at the Drury Inn & Suites no matter where you are.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zippy608
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is our 5th stay at the Las Cruces Drury Inn and Suites and this place has gotten better each time.It was so nice to arrive and check into our suite,then grab a bite to eat at their 5:30 kickback,it really takes the pressure off of having to leave the hotel,drive around then land up eating a burger,the food is hot and the drinks are cold and its free! they have popcorn in the lobby if you have the munchies and of course there's the free hot breakfast each morning,eggs,sausage,biscuits,waffles and coffee! no need to leave the hotel...the rooms are comfy,king size beds with a door separating livingroom from bedroom very luxx...Oh! and one more important thing,,,its Pet Friendly!!! ..With all these amenities we'll be back for a 6th stay....

Room Tip: I found that rooms facing the front of the hotel are quieter,rooms to the back are facing the inters...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family