“Very nice hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Missoula, Montana
“Very nice hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Whenever I am in Las Cruces It seems as though I can see this hotel from every part. In reality Ii have probably just seen the same part of Cruces repeatedly. The view from my window, however, suggested I may have been correct as my view was splendid. The hotel is very aesthetically pleasing, clean and the open area for breakfast is a very classy touch. The pool area is very nice and is better than a lot of hampton's that I have stayed with. The customer service was generally lacking but night audit seemed pleasant enough. The location is ideal, right behind wal mart and 5 minutes from the college. Overall a pleasant experience and the breakfast was good too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael Q

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ruidoso, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I were stayed just one night for a quick getaway and have to say I know why this place has received some many awards. The grounds, lobby and front desk personnel were the best. Our room was very clean, beds were comfortable and the bathroom was exquiste. Plenty of pillow, towels and amenities. We would definately stay here again. The front desk checkin wa very fast and knowledgeable. Loved it!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stay at Hilton properties every week across NM and AZ on business, and this Hampton Inn is only average, compared to others in the state. The location is easy enough access to I 25 and shopping/restaruants, but the facility itself is average.

The complimentary breakfast did offer hot and cold choices, but the eggs literally tasted like powdered eggs, and there were few other protein choices, like hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, etc.

The rooms were noisy; although we were at the end of the hall on the second floor, we could hear the person above us on the 3rd floor stomping around all night long and early morning.

Room Tip: Ask for lower level, if you can get it. Too noisy elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and I felt like a princess.

They gave me a King Suite and I watched the Golden Globes feeling like I was in Hollywood.

It's a seriously nice room.

Huge TV on a swivel so I could watch from bed or sofa.

Kitchenette with fridge, sink, coffee maker & microwave. There was even popcorn to go in the microwave.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom nice.

Breakfast downstairs it the main area was better than average, with hot food as well as the usual waffles, fruit, yoghurt, cereals, etc.

I highly recommend this place if you are visiting White Sands or Las Cruces itself.

Room Tip: Room 220 is an end of hall king suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ThePackedBag
Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

When we arrived we were given a room that melled moldy and was really small. I was told there were no other rooms available except a suite. We took the suite and we preferred the space. This room was clean and smelled fresh. My daughter enjoyed the pool area and it was clean and well kept. Breakfast was adequate with scrambled eggs, sausage, yougurt, fruit, juice, and coffee. Staff was friendly and pleasant. They did give me a discount for the suite since they had no other rooms available and the room we were assigned smelled moldy.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank frodo33
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel seems brand new! It is very well run and has a lot amenities not normally found in a budget-level inn. The front desk staff was very friendly, professional and helpful. Specifically, Dan at the front desk was especially attentive and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. He seemed genuinely interested in his guests and offered advice regarding local activities. My room had a big, comfortable king-sized bed, sofa, flat screen TV and decent-sized bathroom. The hotel offers a great breakfast with just about anything you would want to eat -- from oatmeal and yogurt to eggs and fresh fruit. They even offer snacks mid-day, which is a very nice touch. The hotel also has big pool (which is not very common in a budget hotel) and a nice gym for workouts. The only downside is that I found the noise level to be a bit high in the hallways, but I was staying there over a busy weekend with a lot of high school kids in town for a few different events. They were running around the hallways in the evening. Also, the bathroom could use brighter lighting and make-up mirror. But overall, it was a very nice hotel -- and I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CoffeeFrappe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Hampton inn has high standards of what a hotel should be and this one is no different. Hotel is in a great location close to just about everything. Nice quiet rooms comfortable beds and the staff is pleasant and helpful. The in room coffee and free breakfast are a nice bonus. This one's a winner.

• Stayed October 2012