“Nice place”

Hampton Inn & Suites Las Cruces I-25
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
“Nice place”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Hampton inn has high standards of what a hotel should be and this one is no different. Hotel is in a great location close to just about everything. Nice quiet rooms comfortable beds and the staff is pleasant and helpful. The in room coffee and free breakfast are a nice bonus. This one's a winner.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank DNDSZ06

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Wrightwood, California
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised at the amenities this hotel provided. Our room was very clean. Smelled fresh and aired out. The linens were in great condition and sleeping on the pillow top bed was a treat. I liked that they informed you that all the linens on the bed and bedspread (which was more like a soft fluffy comforter) were changed out with each guest. I know that is expected of course for sheets to be changed out but it also was a relief that all other bed linens were freshly cleaned. The room had nicely appointed furnishings in excellent condition and we made good use of the refrigerator and the microwave (for snacks late in the evening for 2 always hungry teens). Breakfast was included and was very extensive in its offerings. We paid around $84 or $87 dollars a night for this room....it was well worth it. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank schindlerkins
Clovis, New Mexico
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Easy to get to off of I-25 and Easy to get onto I-10. The heart hospital is just East of the Interstate and Hotel. This place is new, clean and very comfortable, great FREE breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. O' yeah there is a Furrs fresh buffett right next door that has carry out if needed.

Room Tip: As usual the upper floors and less noisey
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rd4man44
Carlsbad New Mexico
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Needed an overnight place....not looking for "romantic" or special, and this met our needs. Staff very friendly. Clean, easy acess to freeway without being ON the freeway. Will recommend. We are members of Hilton, and it did not hurt to add to our points. We ate at the Furrs Buffet next door, another surprise, Furrs is better than it used to be.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sewbusy65
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great location and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and help full. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. would suggest for business or vacation. The staff adjusted my reservation, after a mistake was made with no problems not questions asked...

Great job HI

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt C
La Palma, California
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I visit Las Cruces once a year for an event at NMSU, and this has become my hotel of choice whenever I am in town. Primarily it is because I am a Hilton HHonors member and try to stay in Hilton properties whenever I can, but this is also a relatively new property. It opened in 2007 and I have stayed there on my annual visits ever since.

As far as the hotel is concerned, it's a Hampton and everything you would expect from one - clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. There is nothing that stands out as spectacular here, nor would you expect anything to stand out in a hotel at this level. The main cosiderations for me are cleanliness, location, comfort, and sleep quality, and those have all been quite good at this property. It is located very close to a major department store and lots of restaurants. NMSU is less than a 5-minute drive away, so it's a good spot if you're here for a University function. The location is quiet - a little bit off the closest major road so you don't get a lot of street noise. I have always found the beds to be comfortable and have slept well in the rooms. Sometimes the more economy hotels like Hamptons have noisy air conditioning blowers that can keep you awake at night, but I never found that to be a problem here.

I normally travel to Las Cruces with my wife and young daughter, so we opt for the "suite" rooms and use the sleeper sofa for my daughter. The "suite" room isn't really a suite - it's just a slightly larger room with a pull-out bed and a wet bar. "Suite" typically implies two rooms, but that isn't the case here. Nevertheless it's a good way to go if you have children and plenty of space even with the extra bed pulled out. The in-room refrigerator is also nice to have.

The breakfast is your typical Hampton Inn fare - nothing fancy but perfectly adequate. I'd say this one is perhaps a bit above average in terms of food quality for Hamptons, and there is usually plenty of table space available.

I will likely continue staying in this hotel when I visit Las Cruces.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jandrfas
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Very clean...convenient to the highway..the staff was very friendly and most important the rooms were clean. I am a fan.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family