“nice efficiency room”

Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Boise, Idaho
“nice efficiency room”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here my first month or so while starting a new position in El Paso-mainly because of the close proximity to I-25 and NMSU. I, like several other people, decided to stay there because of the price and their efficiency-type rooms. I was offered their $29 kitchen set (upsell alert!), only to be told they were"out". I ended up at Walmart, where I bought my kitchen set (including coffee maker) for the same price as I would have paid for their's. Their entir staff-from the front desk to housekeeping) makes it a very enjoyable place to stay, and the location is just right-El Paso is only a 35 minute drive (even with the road construction), and downtown is only a few minutes away. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the east side (facing the freeway) unless you're an early riser.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank geronm1961
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at Value our helpful staff will make sure your guest experience is a positive one, whether you need something for your room or directions to the closest car repair shop. At Value Place, you can expect courteous treatment from professionals who are committed to maintaining guest privacy and peace of mind. We wish you well with your future travels and cant wait to have you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Santa Fe NM
Reviewed November 3, 2012

These folks make the place. John at night has a great attitude, as do the others. They make the place comfortable,CLEAN, quiet, and a home away from home. How about a great location across University Avenue from New Mexico State University and the community that serves it.
The best shopping mall in town a walk awaytoo.

Room Tip: stay a week as the rules state-you'll want to stay longer as I have.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate your stay with us and glad to hear you had a great experience! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Value Place prides on being clean and safe because your peace of mind matters! Again, thank you for lodging with us and we hope you'll come back and visit!
Santa Fe NM
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Rating the LC Value Place became necessary after reading the reviews of the dis-pleased.
First- The staff is terrific courteous and competent. The place is very clean, a big deal for me.
If the unhappy were as competent, they would have found a Comfort Inn next door(at 4 times the price-really $33.00 per night vs $120.00). I like the place and will stay there again. Yeah, the
Hilton has better everything.It's cost $150.00 per night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank tripad1nm
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us and glad to hear it was a good experience! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Again, thank you for lodging with us, we wish you well in your future travels and we hope to see you again the next time you come through town.
COMLJOHN
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed here my first week while starting a new position in Las Cruces. I selected it because of the cost and because it had an efficiency type room. What I didn't know was the room has no kitchen stuff at all; no silverware, plates, cups or cookware. So I ended up at Walmart buying essentials I already had planned to move when I located a permenant place. Of course you can buy a set of 4 from the hotel. I rented a studio apartment but they lost the reservation, but they were willing to rent me the next size room (for an additional $100+). They did eventually find an available studio but only after much time, telephone calls and complaints.
The room is sparse at best and beware the "Damage Deposit" scam. The office is not staffed during normal hours people check in or out so if you don't get your deposit back when you leave... good luck. 2-weeks after I checked out I'm still chasing these scammers trying to get back my damage deposit. They won't call you back, they'll tell you they sent you a check (on a credit card deposit); it goes on and on. The advertised price gets you in the door and only then do you realize the true costs.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank COMLJOHN

Travelers are raving about these Las Cruces hotels

Las Cruces
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I stayed there for 5 weeks while waiting for my apartment to become available. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the room and service. I rented a smoking room and was impressed that it did not smell like smoke upon check in. The bed was extremely comfortable (and i'm picky about beds). The room was very clean and the staff came in to service the room once a week. It is located in a safe. All appliances worked fine. It was very quiet and the Staff (particularly John-Mgr, Robert and Jason were very friendly, professional and attended to any request immediately). The internet was faster than I had expected. I don't have any complaints. I would have liked more water pressure in the shower and more channels available on the TV (flat screen, decent quality), however, neither of the aforementioned made my stay any less comfortable. I would stay again and will recommend to friends and family visiting out of town. Other reviews stated hidden costs. I agree a little pricey (rent pots, pans, towels, etc) however, I was a responsible consumer and asked about additional charges before check in and brought my own stuff. Can't comment on deposit return, whereas, I don't check out until tomorrow.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank fendergirl
Thank you very much for the compliments. We appreciated you staying with us for your trip very much and glad to hear that you would recommend Value Place to all of youre friends and family! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests.We wish you well in your future travels and hope to see you again the next time you come through town. Take care!
USA
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I had read bad reviews about this place and thought to myself, "It can't be that bad?" I was WRONG! This place is terrible! First they put me in a non smoking room on the first floor by the entance, which was fine. What I didn't know was that people for some reason have party's late at night outside the entrance and my window. Not only did they party but, they would smoke. The smoke would get sucked into my room via the a/c unit right under the window. The result was a room that smelled terrible. I tried to get a room change but apparantly they are full and I will have to wait until there is an opening.

There is also a weird clause that states you have to inform in writing within 24 hours of checkout. It doesn't make sense to me because they already know my checkout date. It just seems like another way to make money because if you don't do it it will cost you a hefty 45 bucks.

Some other drawbacks:

Small tv's
Not many channels
no wireless internet (ethernet only)
internet super slow
no customer service
loud (next to I-25)
no closets
uncomfortable beds

pros:

weekly rates

All in all this place is so bad that i haven't even waited until I checked out to write this review.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Tmoneyvt
homosassa, florida
Reviewed July 14, 2009

there sign says 189 weekly ,the extra person brought it to 289,then the 100. deposit we r to 389. its an extended stay we got no service for 3 weeks and found out we where being charged $7 for there towels, one ofthe only motels left charging for wireless thats another $10.they also have a 2 burner stove no drinking glasses,no plates no cookware thats an additiona 50.
on the plus side they r the only weekly rate hotel around the area that is in a safe area..

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business