“Great Extended Stay Hotel”

Staybridge Suites Las Cruces
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Alabama
“Great Extended Stay Hotel”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I really like this hotel.

Pros: Rooms are comfortable, clean, quiet, and roomy. Full kitchen is great. Free laundromat on property is great. Coffee machine on 3rd floor is awesome. Free internet is good. Meals on Tue-Thur are ok most of the time - but free. Towel service/light room cleaning every day - great for an extended stay hotel. Staff is very courteous and competent.

Cons: Smoke from smoking rooms sometimes stinks up the hallways, but not the non-smoking rooms.

This is my first choice hotel when heading to Las Cruces.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Mount Holly, New Jersey
Reviewed October 23, 2009

I stay here every time I'm in Las Cruces - just about every month - the staff and hotel are wonderful!

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
California
Reviewed February 19, 2009

We come to Las Cruces often for business, and have stayed at most of the hotels in town. Let me give you a brief synopsis of this most recent stay (which, unfortunately, we are still enduring as I type this).
Arrived to be stuck into the "dog room", complete with stained and sticky carpet, missing baseboards, no toilet seat cover, and exposed plumbing. The sink dripped all night long, and the fluorescent lighting flickered like an old movie. We talked to the manager, and asked if we could switch rooms...He said sure...and never followed through. Many calls and personal visits to the front desk later, he said he would put us in a different room. Because of the trouble, he upgraded us to a 2-room suite. 6 hours later we still had not received a key, and when I went to the front desk to check on things, I overheard him talking about us--and it wasn't nice. It was awful. When he saw me, he froze and he and his employee quickly silenced. It was at that time he said that he didn't have a room for us...Ugh! A few hours later, we called again and he said he had a room...(specified non-smoking.) We went to get the key (they do make you do all of the footwork to get things done here) and when we arrived at the room, the stench fo cigarettes was so thick it made us sick to our stomachs. I went back down and asked him if he wanted to go "smell" the room...he admitted that maybe someone had indeed smoked in there. Grrr. He moved us to another room...this room is better, but something in the bed made my husband sneeze like crazy, so we asked housekeeping if they could change the sheets the next morning...that plus the light in the bathroom doesn't work and needed to have the bulb replaced. I wrote it in a big note that I attached to the door plus I spoke to the same manager that I had been dealing with all along. (I didn't even mention the fact that the bedroom has NO working lamp in it.) That was 2 days ago and they haven't changed the sheets nor have they fixed the lightbulb.
The service in this hotel leaves MUCH to be desired. The only redeeming factor for the hotel is the location if you want to be as close to White Sands as possible...
If you want a great alternative, who also takes the 70 dollar per diem govt rate--try the SpringHill Suites on Messilla. They are awesome, have GREAT customer service, will even drive you to the gym! Their rooms are MUCH nicer (not even comparable) but don't have the full size fridge--they have the smaller one. The drive is only about 10 extra minutes to the gate of WSMR.
I hope this suitable prepares you for what you'll get here at StayBridge. I'm unimpressed to say the least.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank KPWWW
La Canada, California
Reviewed August 1, 2008

My family has never stayed in a nicer place. First of all the immaculately clean suites were large and roomy with a kitchen area. They have a free included hot dinner several nights a week catered by an area restaurant. Their free breakfasts are hot and generous. Best of all, the suite was reasonably price. Our family of five usually get two rooms but one suite at this hotel was cheaper than the usual price I would pay for two rooms. Pleny of parking outside!

• Liked — The beautiful room
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
Reviewed June 27, 2008

Stayed here with three generations of our family. Very nice hotel. Marble counter tops in bathrooms, nice furnishings, comfy beds. Pool area was fine for a swim and dip in hot tub. Breakfast was good (as far as these "free" ones go). Waffle maker, eggs, all kinds of juice and sodas. Friendly staff. You can't go wrong here if you need a little extra space than just an average hotel room. It was perfect for us!!

Stayed May 2008
California
Reviewed April 22, 2008

My boyfriend, two cats and I stayed here as night four of our cross country road trip. We needed a clean, safe and pet-friendly place to stay while passing through New Mexico. Our plan was to stay at the Staybridge Suites in Las Cruces and to visit White Sands National Monument in the morning. We decided on Staybridge Suites in Las Cruces after our excellent experience with the Staybridge Suites in Tallahassee, FL a few nights earlier. We arrived late at night and was greeted by a very friendly staff member who got us all checked in and then later helped us plan the next day (at White Sands). This hotel was under construction when we stayed here so down where our room was it was messy and smelled of paint, nothing too major. Our room was nice enough, with a full kitchen, little living room, bedroom and large bathroom, all very clean. The bed however was horribly hard and neither of us slept well at all. In the morning they offered a full breakfast free of charge, it included hot items as well as pastries and cereal but it was well picked over by the time we got to it. I would suggest this hotel if you are passing through and need a place to stay the night but would not recommend it for a prolonged stay. The best part is the view of the mountains from the hotel in the morning, breathtaking!

• Liked — The view of the mountains from the hotel lobby.
  • Disliked — The hard uncomfortable bed.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 29, 2008

This was the best hotel that we stayed at during our week-long trip in southern New Mexico. This hotel was very accommodating. They did everything possible to make our stay comfortable. We have never experienced such an accommodating staff. The hotel itself appears to be new and is very clean. We loved the complementary laundry. They also had a very nice "hot complementary breakfast". Unfortunately, the pool was not functioning during our visit, but it was fixed on our last day. The only negative we can find with this hotel was that they had lousy pillows, but many hotels don't have firm pillows.

Stayed March 2008