“Favorite Place to Stay in Las Cruces”

Staybridge Suites Las Cruces
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I have been traveling to Las Cruces on business for six years now and have stayed in several different hotels in the city. This hotel has gone through it's cycle from good when it first opened, to not so good after a while, and thankfully it is back on track. Check-in was a pleasure and I was upgraded from the type of suite that I had originally asked for.

The rooms are furnished for the long stay customer, which is important to me because I am often there for several weeks to a month at a time. If you rent a one or a two bedroom suite the living room has a flat screen television. The beds are comfortable and as I said earlier, thanks (I believe) to the new management the rooms and hallways are clean and smell good again. The basics are provided as far as dishes, etc. so that you can cook in your room. The only complaint I have there is that a stove is not provided for you, only a stove top. There is also a laundry facility and a gym if you are so inclined. The pool is nice and thanks to Las Cruces weather is typically available much of the year.

The free breakfast is my favorite meal at the Staybridge, though with IHOP in their backyard I at times find myself spending money there instead. The hotel also offers free food on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, but I often forgo these meals as well. I know there is something to be said for free, but ... well ... I'd rather pay and have what I want.

To wrap up, the hotel is conveniently located as far as ease getting in and out if you need to hit the interstate. Also, it is within walking distance of K-Mart, Sam's Club, a theater, and several other businesses. Within a couple of minutes of driving is The Outback, Ruby Tuesday's, and several more restaurants.

Definitely my favorite hotel in Las Cruces.

Room Tip: Avoid the studio suites. These are simply hotel rooms with a refrigerator and stove top.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank robert c

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stay one night here- a Friday- so I couldn't take advantage of the evening snacks. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were pleasant. The breakfast was nice. Lots of variety of both hit and cold. I especially appreciated the free laundry facilities (bring your own soap or purchase at their canteen). My favorite part of the stay was their decent fitness room. It had two elliptical trainers, two treadmills, two bikes and a decent set of weight equipment to allow a full workout. My pet peeve is when hotels only have one piece of equipment and you can't get any decent exercise. My only negative was dirty glassware in the kitchen suite. Easily fixed if I had needed it which I didn't.

I liked my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This is the second time I've used a Staybidge and I was completely satisfied again. The staff isexcellent, from the reception to the breakfast staff. Breakfast is my favorite meal and they had everything I wanted. Rooms were well-insulated against the heat and dust and the bed was quite comfortable.
Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor and it was great.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mikentexas
Reviewed March 19, 2011

This was our second stay (for several days) in the past year. Chose this hotel due to it's convenient location for us. If you are susceptible to noise at night - this is not the place for you - loud footsteps can be heard, doors slamming, that sort of thing. Thin walls and ceilings. Up until 3:00 am due to noisy neighbor - tried to call the front desk but no answer. Did not find management "customer oriented." This may be due to their apparently high extended stay occupancy. B'fast is okay but I'd gladly trade the scrambled eggs for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Ofcr_Friendly
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We will probably extend our stay here to at least a couple of nights on our return to Dallas from California. The rooms are clean, comfortable, quite large, and very quiet. The breakfast is also somewhat better than most of those offered in hotels/motels these days.

There is a great deal to see and do in Las Cruces so will most likely stay more than one night each way on our trips to California and Las Vegas.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2010

The Staybridge Suites is first of all a beautiful hotel. The lobby and eating area are very comfortable. The rooms (suites) are beautiful and spacious. The kitchen is well-equipped. The beds are very very comfortable. And everything is extremely clean and well-maintained. The daily breakfast has an exceptional variety of hot and cold breakfast items. Good choice of coffees, teas, juices. And several nights a week, a light dinner is provided. Considering that you get 2 free meals a few times a week, the price of the room is comparable to other motels, but everything is soooo much nicer here! And the staff will bend over backwards for you.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband and I were house hunting in Las Cruces and stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We liked everything about it! The full size kitchen area was great, and even included a dishwasher. Bathroom was good sized, and the shower was wonderful. Great water pressure.

One night, the remote for the tv wasn't working, so I called the front desk. They came up to our room in less than five minutes and repaired it, so I'm quite impressed with the prompt service.

Beds are fairly comfy, though I found the mattress to be just a little hard.

Overall, this is a great place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business