“Very Impressed”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed October 11, 2008

I was very impressed with this motel, extreemly clean and well laid out. The room was spacious and very neat and tidy, bed most comfortable. good breakfast. i used the pool, a little small but still nice, there is also a steam room and a tub. there are plenty of restuarants in the vicinity and the motel is just a short hop from the interstate. i looked elsewhere before booking here and considered myself lucky that other motels were fully booked, and not least more expensive. the only downside if you want to retire early is that there is a bar frequented by Harley riders to the rear of the motel, it is a little noisy up to about 22:00 hrs

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank chrishawk
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 7, 2008

We have relatives in Las Cruces and visit often. We have stayed at several hotels in the city but this one is consistant and the staff is great. We have stayed several times and I don't think we can honestly complain about anything because everything has been in superb shape. Their location is ideal, it is the closest hotel to Mesilla, a historic district with lots of shops and a variety of excellent restaurants. The kids love the indoor pool and we love the hot tub and as an added bonus they have a steam room. his is the place to stay if you are passing through town or on an extended stay. We just love it.

• Stayed: July 2008
3  Thank george1231
Reviewed June 21, 2008

My family and I stayed at this hotel as a one night stop over on our way to Texas. We had stayed at Comfort Inn's before and was pleased with the establishment other than the fact that the beds in our room were extremely uncomfortable. No one slept very well. Also, the pool heater was broken so when my kids tried to swim it was very cold water. They really didn't get to enjoy it like they would have wanted to. Overall, good room for the price. At least, for just one night.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2008

This is a real find near Mesilla, right off I-10. The hotel is relatively new--we asked for a quiet room and got a huge suite which had 3 sections, 2 TVs, a microwave and fridge. The hotel has an indoor pool, whirlpool and steam room and provided a nice continental breakfast. There is also a computer in the lobby for using the internet. We cannot say enough good things about this place.. One warning--there is a popular bar/restaurant behind and to the left of the hotel--you should avoid staying close to that if possible.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2008

Since October of 2007 I have spent about 15 nights total in the Comfort Suites off University Ave and I-25. I moved there - from staying in other motels - due primarily to the location. I continue to book there for the following reasons,
- clean and quiet rooms,
- good desk space in a larger than average hotel room,
- plesant staff,
- rooms with safe, microwave, and small refrigerator,
- comfortable beds,
- good internet connections.

I also appreciate that the location is adjacient to a walking/bike path which parallels the Interstate. The motel pool is a bit small for laps, but works to at least give me some swimming time. Included breakfast is reasonable but nothing fancy. It's fine if you can live with making yourself a waffle, or can get by with cereal, toast/bagel, fruit, and juice. Packaged hot cereals are also available.

Good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Late-Arrival
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I am a business traveler and stay about 80 nights per year in hotels.
I am a Gold Level with Hilton, Holiday Inn and Choice.
I am VERY picky about the following items:
CLEAN, QUIET AND COMFORTABLE. This location met and exceeded all of my expectations. I was the Keynote speaker for a conference at the University and closer hotels were recommended BUT it was WAC weekend and I cannot stand hotels where ANYONE is running down the halls making a hoopla. So I chose this location about 5 minutes away. From check in to check out it was great!
Remember, this is a small inn and not a full service hotel. It has a decent breakfast, laundry facilities, computer access and a pool.
The rooms are clean and quite new. The front desk was helpful and kind and IT WAS QUIET at night. I will stay here again and am happy to recommend it! I appreciated the willing spirit, in any assistance I needed!

Stayed: March 2008
4  Thank motherjanegoose
Reviewed January 16, 2008

We had reservations at the Best Western a few blocks away from this motel. After (a) seeing that the BW had outside entrances to rooms and (b) inspecting the room, we cancelled the reservation and went hunting for a different place to stay. Good decision.

This Comfort Inn is about two years old and is in excellent condition. Room was clean. Nice bathroom. Good beds & pillows. Our room had a fridge, microwave, large desk, good lighting and one easy chair.

When checking in, we asked about non-smoking rooms. The clerk pointed out the sign indicating the entire property was non-smoking (yippee!) and then said, "Today I charged someone $250 for smoking in their room. That room is bigger than the room I'm going to put you in but we want it to air out more before we put anyone else in it." To me this attitude exemplifies superb customer service.

The breakfast room was nice and the breakfast was quite good. Hot scrambled eggs, sausage and the usual other stuff. Two months ago we were in Rome staying at a Mercur hotel that was far more expensive than this Comfort Inn. Breakfast there wasn't as good as at this Comfort Inn.

The pool looked good. The spa water might have been cloudy (or maybe not - I just looked at it through the window). There is a small fitness center with a few pieces of equipment.

Our room was on the side of the motel nearest the freeway and there was little traffic noise.

If we return to Las Cruces we would again stay at this property. It's a good value a nice place to stay.

Stayed: January 2008