“Understaffed!”

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I called ahead for a room reservation, but was not told that the interstate exit to the hotel location was closed for construction. We had to go to the next exit and wind our way around the area to find the hotel. I attempted to call the front desk for directions, but the phone rang..and rang...and rang...and.....
The room was spacious, the bed and pillows very comfortable and we had a good night's rest. Next morning at breakfast....no coffee....no scrambled eggs....no visible salt and pepper....eventually, all were replenished...but, it was obvious that they could not keep up with the guests eating there.
Checkout.....computer was extremely slow...I waited ten minutes while the desk clerk attempted....and attempted.....and attempted to print my receipt. I give it an average rating....as I felt it was clean and comfortable.....just understaffed and slow.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S C
Pamela B, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Pamela Parker Bolton

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This COULD be a great deal, the exact same hotel in Deming is I give five stars. When I checked in they failed to inform me that their boilers were being fixed and they didn't have any hot water or even any cold water pressure in the showers, and it wasn't restored while I was there. I tried to get a refund or a comp stay, but the manager wouldn't take my call or call me back after repeated attempts.

That said, it was probably an isolated incident, but also the indoor pool wasn't heated, the Sauna was permanently out of order, my non-smoking room smelled like smoke, and there was a massive dripping leak in the ceiling of the hallway outside my room, and there wasn't even a bucket under it, just soaked the carpet all night. The mini-fridge was so loud you had to unplug it to watch TV, and the TV was a small old tube style with fuzzy picture.

The GOOD: This is the closest hotel to Old Mesilla and is a nice walk on wide sidewalks. There is a great restaurant behind the hotel called Q's Steakhouse. The infrastructure is there for a good hotel, but it reeks of a cheap owner.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank robotkin

Pamela Parker Bolton

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Driving from Scottsdale AZ on our way to San Antonio TX we stop to rest at Comfort Inn @ Suites, it was good, customer services was excellent, Room was clean, and we got a good rest. The only thing schould be taking care is the elevator carpet was nasty and the hallway carpet to.

Room Tip: Always choose higher floor far away from vendor machine or elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night during a cross country trip. Clean comfortable and conveniently located. Close to everything, can walk to some (although there was road construction) easy to drive. Staff friendly and helpful. Very thankful for the laundry facilities on site. Would recommend to others and stay again. Refrigerator and microwave in room - handy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great location, great price, great room. I stayed in November for ten nights. The room was spacious, and very comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance of a shopping center with several eating places (including the city's best Japanese/sushi place), and very close to the events center. I travel frequently on business, and this place is definitely in my top ten of any city.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This one is visible from the interstate--a plus. Again, the TP and facial tissues are thin, thin, thin. Our HVAC wasn't operational, and the staff immediately relocated us to another room. The staff referred us to a great restaurant for dinner. There's street construction, but that's not a fault of Choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Glad to find a hotel that provided Gluten-free items for breakfast. Their complementary breakfast included eggs, bacon and yogurt. They also had waffles, cereal and fruit. The room was large and clean with a microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo