WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Amarillo
“NOT HAPPY!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the Comfort Inn & Suites in October 2012. When we returned home we realized my husband had left a pair of levis and leather belt in the room. I called the motel, and was told that they had been found and were in the managers office. I was told they would be sent to us, and charged to our credit card. After many phone calls to the manager Hilda Aguilar that were never returned nor were my e-mails to her answered, I sent my cousin who lives in Las Cruces to retrieve the items. She was told by the manager that she didn't know what happened to them. I contacted customer relations of Comfort Inn & Suites, and was told they would contact the manager and she would have 72 hours to respond to me. This was Dec. 19th and this is Jan. 15th and she has never responded. I contacted the corporate office of Comfort Inn & Suites and was told I would have to work with customer relations, which I've already done to no avail. I contacted the court house in Las Cruces and the owner of the motel is Mega Hotels LLC, and their address is the same as the motel. I'm sure if I tried contacting it, I would get nowhere as that seems to be the protocol of this motel.

So, my advice if you stay at this motel, do not leave anything in the room, as you will never see it again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jfaltinek98
Jose P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience I will contact you as soon as possible to fix the situation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Kalama, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel was easily accessable from I-10 just a little ways from the historic village of Mesilla. Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall the room was pretty clean and the bed was comfortable. We rented a suite and the grandchildren slept on the hide-a-bed. They had a typical "hot breakfast" of eggs and bacon or sausage...nothing to brag about but it does get you started in the morning. We did have several problems: (1) those infamous card keys used to get into the room had to be re-programmed 2-3 times a day. (2) although our bedding was clean the bedspread had 5 distinct perfectly round cigarette burns in it. It was finally changed out after 3 requests over 2 days. (3) The fresh towel rack in the swimming area was usually empty. Once I had to go to the lobby dripping wet to ask for towels. Otherwise, a fine place to spend four nights!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask to stay on the side away from Avenida de Mesilla.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John K
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Las Cruces NM. Your review means a great deal to us. We have contacted our front desk unit machine supplier and will be getting the whole thing replaced. We are certain this will end the infamous key card problem. Again thank you for staying with us hopefully we will see you again soon.

Sincerely
Jose
Socorro, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this Comfort in mid-Dec 2012 at the senior rate of $74 plus tax for a king no-smoking room. This was our first stay at this Comfort. While the staff was polite, pleasant and helpful, I was a little disappointed with the apparent lack of maintenance to the facility. Our room was clean but needed attention to the diverter valve in the tub (not much hot water at maximum setting) and the quality of TV reception (fuzzy signal & staff could not fix). The TV was also an old CRT type-not a newer flat screen TV.

If you stay here, select a room on the back side of the property (away from Avenida de Mesilla) so you will not be bothered by traffic noise.

Breakfast was the typical Comfort Inn breakfast with coffee, juice, eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, etc and was adequate. The room had a refrigerator, in-room coffee and microwave. There is a free WSJ newspaper on week days.

The hotel is convenient to a great restaurant (La Posta de Mesilla, 2410 Calle De San Albino) just 0.8 miles south. To get to the restaurant, you drive south on Avenida de Mesilla and look for La Posta de Mesilla signs after your cross Calle Del Norte/NM359.

Room Tip: Select a room on the side opposite to the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jose P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites de Mesilla. We will use your comments to further better our hotel. We are currently updating all rooms with flat-screen TV's and have focused much more on our maintenance of the property. We do however, apologize for the noise and will have to come up with a unique way to solve the issue.
Jose
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel used to be one of the best in town. I have stayed here many times and it seems to get a little more worn down every time I stay here.
On my last stay I was put in a room with several issues that Choice Hotels should be very disappointed about. The room was missing the valence above the window although the holes were still in the wall and not patched. They put up a curtain rod with some cheap curtains that did not even cover the entire window so you could not block out the light.
As I walked away from the window I hit my leg on the bed frame. It was a home made frame made out of 2x6 wood sticking out about 3" past the bed. That bed was also about 3-4" shorter than the other one which looks ridiculous.
I turned on the tv just to have it show a line across the screen and turn off a few seconds later. After several attempts I had to check out of this room and try another.
The second room was better but still showing serious signs of wear.
The staff did not seem too surprised when I let them know about the room so I assume they are aware of the condition.
There are better choices in town and if you can make the 25 minute drive to El Paso the Comfort Suites on Mesa is much nicer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We apologize for lack of maintenance in the past. We are now more focused in improving our property and maintaining the rooms. We have invested in the tools we need to make us a more desirable destination. We hope to see you again in the future to show our improvements.
Thank you for your comments.
Sincerely Jose
Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

The reason we chose this motel was because it was close to I-10 and La Mesilla. At check-in the clerk said, "I am giving you one of the new rooms". Not knowing what he ment, we assumed it had been recently renovated. If this was a new room, can't imagine what the old ones were like. Big hole in the carpet right inside the door. Furniture average but bed was a pillow-top and good. Halls were in need of being vacuumed. Especially around the elevator. TV reception terrible. Staff friendly and breakfast average. Price, above average for a comfort inn but not for the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here recently when I was in town for a funeral and was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel and the room. I stayed in the main building and the public areas I was in were clean and looked newly updated. My room was immaculate and the shower/tub looked brand-new. My room had in-room coffee and a refrigerator, add-ons I always like to have. The room was quiet at night and I did not notice a lot of hallway noise. The room is not luxurious but I did not expect that. The beds were comfortable, there were lots of pillows, and all in all, it was a very nice place to spend a couple of nights. The free breakfast in the morning was very comprehensive and the waffle maker actually worked, which I have not seen very often in hotels with waffle makers. I did not experience any of the negative things mentioned in other reviews - which I am not saying did not happen to them, just that I didn't have any problems at all with this facility.
Best of all, when I needed to extend my stay another night unexpectedly, the night front-desk person was very efficient and helpful and was able to extend my stay so I was able to stay in the same room, and not move. He was very polite and helpful.
This hotel is VERY convenient to the freeway and to Old Mesilla. There are restaurants very close to the hotel, including one across the street (which I did not try). The Las Cruces downtown area is just minutes away. I recommend this hotel to travelers in Las Cruces.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was our fourth stay here and not our best experience. The Front Desk person seemed extremely disinterested and needed a course in human interaction! We were then greeted by signs on the pool and hot tub door that it was closed by the local health department. Not a good omen......

We then went to our room and discovered it was in the midst of being cleaned. Obviously, the Front Desk person had not checked its readiness. Fortunately, the maid was extremely helpful and did a great job of quickly and efficiently cleaning our room. The room was fine, breakfast OK and everything worked well, except the room a/c needed a silencer!

It seemed that little things needed to be done and, as I said above, appeared to need some TLC..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple