“Best pie ever”

Village Inn Pancake House Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 419 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 1, 2017

You certainly will not leave here hungry. The food is down home and hot. The most delicious pies ever for desert!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I love their Mexican themed items. All are flavorful and very, very filling. Their pancakes are light and fluffy.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 5, 2017

Ive been going to Village Inns for years. This one ranks up there in prompt service, but also in high prices. The VIB (pick four breakfast) was almost $9.00. Thats quite pricier than I have seen at others. Also, many options if you pick them they charge even more. Overall, I enjoyed myself here but think I may stick to the hotel breakfast next time.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Friends, I'm directing my remarks to a specific Village Inn Restaurant located on Lohman at Telshor, Las Cruces New Mexico. Ready? Okay here goes:
My wife and I are regular patrons of this eatery and we find it to our satisfaction. The food is consistently good, reliable and fresh. The prices are very reasonable. The personnel are always friendly and make us feel at home. So, why not five "stars"? Well, it's a matter of what greets one at the entrance. I do hope that managerial staff or even corporate entities read this. Folks, I'm not kidding you. If I were the least bit squeamish, I likely would not cross the threshold of this establishment. Why? As one approaches the entry door, one sees what appears to be years and years of grime on the concrete apron. It is thick and black and spotted with discarded chewing gum, a thoroughly disgusting sight. On the east side of the place, (Oh, man! Don't go there!) there are scupper drains that bubble out some kind of putrid stuff. This awful condition has existed for all the years (16) we have been going there. As I write this, I'm wondering why I continue to visit this particular Village Inn, for there are others in town at which this eyesore doesn't exist. So, whatever to do? It is very simple. Mr. or Madam Manager, I want to give you a phone number of a cleaning service that claims to be "Safe, Extreme & Hot ! ". The business has a mobile high pressure hot water blaster that will do the trick. The number to call is: (575)-222-3924. Please, for cleanliness sake, give them a call!

Yours with best regards,
D. Barnett

p.s. This writer is not affiliated with the aforementioned cleaning service nor any other. He hasn't been asked, paid, or compensated in any form to post this review.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank dpbarn
Reviewed June 8, 2017

Always pick this spot when meeting friends in Las Cruces. We start here and start the day. Wonderfully cooked breakfast dishes with a various assortment of eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes. Bottomless coffee. Personally like the 2x2x2x2...two eggs, two pieces of bacon, two links of sausage and two pancakes. Always good. All the time.

Date of visit: May 2017