“fasanella is wrong.....”

Add it.
Old Mesilla Pastry Cafe
Ranked #4 of 6 Bakeries in Las Cruces
Reviewed December 7, 2007

I was at "The Shed" on December 7, 2007 and it was a wonderful experience. I loved the food AND the atmosphere. VERY artistic and FUN. Everyone around us was enjoying themselves and the food. The "bald" guy was present and very delightful while we noticed he was not only cooking but also trying to help the front of the house. Small, home owned restaurants don't have the luxury that chain restaurants have so don't hold "The Shed" (I LOVE the name) with too much discontent if the service seems to be a little slow when you go...just make sure you go on a day when you have some time to enjoy the music, the food and the atomsphere....I guarantee you LOVE it!
RED CHILE and BRICK OVEN PIZZAS...the best!

There are newer reviews for Old Mesilla Pastry Cafe

Reviewed October 29, 2007

I had heard about the shed from a friend and decided while visiting from Phoenix I would give it a try. The food was excellent and I haven’t had coffee so good in a long time. All the servers were extremely friendly and always around to help. The owner was so nice that when there was a child crying he brought out desert for free to all the customers in the restaurant just to thank us for not leaving. The only problem I had was it was a little difficult to find. I drove by twice before I saw the sign on the side of the building. Overall I had a great experience and would love to come back again when I am in town again

Reviewed October 21, 2006

This cafe is also called "The Shed". Both signs are on the outside. We had breakfast there spontaneously when checking out Las Cruces. My husband had a breakfast burrito; he loved it although it was a little spicy for me (the red sauce on top). I had the homemade French toast and it was excellent. They also brought my 10-month old daughter a complementary plate of fruit in the shape of a smile. It kept her entertained the whole meal. The best part of our meal - the coffee! It has been a long time since we have had coffee that good at a restaurant (we drink French press at home). Excellent service, atmosphere and meal!

1  Thank jdzinda
Reviewed September 23, 2006

This place has great food. They serve breakfast and lunch Wed-Sun. They are closed on Monday and Tuesday. The service could have been a little better but the food was really the best I have had in Las Cruces since I have lived here (about 2 months) and I have eaten at more than 25 restaurants in town. I am not sure why they call themselves a pastry cafe because they only had a small bakery case and there was not much in it. But they did seem to have fresh bread for sale. Another great thing was everything was made from scratch and you could definitely tell. Give this place a shot it will be worth it!! Oh yeah the location kind of surprises you but trust me it is nice and cozy inside.

2  Thank lamps4us