“Quiet, Reasonably Priced Accommodation”

TownePlace Suites Las Cruces
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel which is tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac.

The kitchen is fully equipped with medium-sized refrigerator/freezer combination, dishwasher, medium-sized range/oven, microwave, toaster, and miscellaneous kitchenwares (including colander, cutting board, coffee pot, mixing bowls, and a measuring cup). There is also a coat closet and mirror in the kitchen.

The studio living area has a very nice desk (probably the best hotel desk I have seen), a chair and hideabed sofa whose stains and worn vinyl are indicative that they have seen better days, and a decent bed. The TV is placed in a position which makes it difficult to watch it in bed. The channel selection is terrific though. My first night here, the air conditioning went out in the middle of the night. I told the desk clerk on my way out, and it was fixed by the time I returned for lunch.

The bathroom has a lot of space, including a large closet. The water temperature and pressure of the shower were decent. The towels were unimpressive.

The free breakfast included refrigerated breakfast sandwiches, waffles, cereal, toast, apples, oranges, bananas, oatmeal, apple and orange juice, milk, yogurt, and coffee.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CJ_Potter
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Las Cruces

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've stayed a couple of times and was never disappointed with the courtesy of the front desk or the staff. If you want a place for a nice price that includes a table you can work at and a kitchenette, then it's worth keeping this one on your list. The beds and the bathroom aren't bad and the rooms have been modernized. The location of the hotel being on a cul de sac contributes to the area around the hotel being quiet.

Some of the contracting work leaves a bit to be desired. In one room the sink was way off center and too close to the mirror causing an interference with the sink plug mechanism. In another the sink was centered, but had the same interference. The bathroom door in one of the rooms kept drifting to the middle of the bath area instead of staying put. This doesn't seem so bad except that the position it wanted to be in put the door pretty much right in front of the sink where you would want to stand. I jammed a washcloth under it to make it stay put. The heating blower has it's own closet, but it does a poor job of muffling the noise. Speaking of closets, one of the rooms I had had shelves that were hung at a strange height. The room wasn't identified as being any kind of handicap accessible room, but he shelves and hanger rods were so low, I could hang a pair of dress slack properly.

On my first stay, I noticed a gross amount of lint collected in the bathroom ceiling fan. The kind that takes months to accumulate. The young lady at the desk was very responsive and personally came up to clean it. She was very apologetic and said she would let the manager know. A few weeks later, though, I checked in and a full trash can was standing at the foot of the bed. Again, it was quickly taken care of and I received apologies. I have to wonder about the quality of cleaning staff and their leaders.

It's nice that they have breakfast foods available in the morning. A feature I usually look for. The options are typical. The workout room is nice and includes aerobic machines, but lacks a stationary bike which happens to be my personal choice for exercise. They are also one of the few places in town that I have found that accepts pets, so I put that in their plus column. The outside pet walking area was clean.

So overall the rooms aren't too bad, but a little hit and miss on cleanliness and comfort. The people are very nice as most folks from Las Cruces tend to be. With a little improvement from the cleaning staff I would like it better and would rate it a notch higher.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Randolph R
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here one night on our way to San Diego. The location was great... Walked to dinner. Our room was clean and modern. I am taking time to write because the staff was so friendly and helpful. From check in to breakfast to check out everyone was friendly, smiling and ready to help. Good service is rare these days. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to Las Cruces for courses over the weekend and needed a place I could work and sleep. This place fit the bill! Great quick breakfast and great kitchen in suite. I didn't need to eat out and kept my cost down and the time to go somewhere short. As is the course with most places, other's "hair" in the bathroom always grosses me out. But otherwise, very clean. It was hard to find coming from north I25, but very easy from the south.

Room Tip: Stayed upstairs away from elevators facing the south. Pretty quiet, except for hot tub folks...I had...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here on a family road trip. The rooms are exactly what you would expect from this budget property but, here is the real kicker - we used Marriott points - 7500 was all it took! GREAT VALUE FOR THE POINTS! Front desk check in clerk was courteous, friendly and had some tips for us on food in the area. This hotel is in a nice area - felt totally safe - and had some decent chain restaurants nearby (beyond fast food). Beds were great, sleeper sofa was fine and checkout a breeze. There are other properties in the area but, for the points we paid, we would stay again if ever in the area. (Like all hotels I tend to stay in - even high end - the floors are dirty... flip flops are my friend!)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed at three different business suites / extended stay places in Las Cruces. So far this is my favorite.

Other hotels may have better breakfast food selections (eg, not a frozen jimmy dean sandwich), but this one has the cheeriest rooms. In-room stainless steel appliances, laminate wood flooring, pleasant appointments and reliable internet beat out some of the more tired competitors. Maid service is excellent.

I have actually checked out of other hotels with slightly better amenities to move back to this one.

This one is very convenient to the northeast quadrant of Las Cruces, including US 70 and White Sands.

Only drawback on the last visit was that I had to ask for a remote to use the DVD player-- the remotes for the new TV's cannot control the DVD box.

Room Tip: You can look either to the north or south on one of three floors. Just ask for a room away from the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

While traveling from Texas to Arizona we stopped in Las Cruces for the evening. Found this property on the internet and while it was not right off the I-10, which is usually my preference, it was worth the extra few miles. This hotel is located on N. Telshore off I-25 and Highway 70. The property is relatively new and very clean. The front desk personnel could not have been more helpful. The room was well appointed and had a lot of amenities, including a small galley type kitchen and a very nice desk/work station. The hotel provides a complete breakfast of hot and cold selections. Additionally, there are several restaurants and stores close by. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family