“Always satisfied when I come here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Las Cruces

TownePlace Suites Las Cruces
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Always satisfied when I come here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I'm in Las Cruces a lot for my job and I've stayed in a few hotels in the area. Towne Place is the best option for me being a Marriott Rewards Member. The Hotel is modern, clean, and convenient. The staff has always been friendly and for the price, is a better option for me than the Fairfield Inn next door. Its not quite a Residence Inn but its the closest thing in town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kendle S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Americus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The rooms cleaqn and excellent, with full kitchens. The front staff knowledgeable, helpful and completely pleasent...breakfast was great...perfect night sleep and a great location. We likes this place we stayed here twice, coming and going from our ultimate destination. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Smile: friendly peple here!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Carlsbad, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Towne Place is a great spot for easy access to the interstate, nearby dining options, and located in a safe area of Las Cruces. I have stayed at the Towne Place twice per year for the last three years. It's one of the best places within the price category, and above par compared to other Towne Place suites.

Positives:
- quiet rooms, and mostly quiet property
- accessible location
- freindly staff
- very clean rooms
- kitchen utilities
- much improved fitness room (new cardio equip. and weights)
- improved quality of lite breakfast (continental)
- almost always good room rates
- wired and wifi internet (still free)

Areas to Improve:
- check-in efficiency
- elevator noise and slowness
- dark spots in parking lot

Room Tip: top floor is great (very quiet)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NMRugger
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

This hotel is in a great location and is in great shape. I like that they have a huge map in the lobby of different restaurant locations. Our room was nicely furnished and had everything we needed. No complaints from me. Will stay here again next time I come to Las Cruces.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

First of all, I find it hard to believe the poor reviews I've read. I found this property to be in an excellent location in Las Cruces, with plenty of eating choices nearby. My room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff were great, and helpful. I was unable to find any negatives other than the fact it wasn't a full service Marriott, but being a Platinum Elite member, I was treated as if it were a full service Marriott. The property has recently undergone a renovation, and looks like new inside, and out. Without hesitation, I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We had a couple small problems but overall very satisfied with the room. The stopper in the bathtub didn't stay up easily so I had to mess with it to get the water to drain. The closet door wouldn't latch to keep it closed. The heater blew out cold air until we called the desk and they came up and jiggled the wall unit until heat came on. Other than that everything was nice. The room was a little on the small side but not bad. It had a nice little sitting area. The breakfast was decent. It was just breakfast bars, hard-boiled eggs and hot pockets but a little more selection than some breakfast bars I've been too. Also they were renovating the building when we were there. We stayed in a renovated room. It was pretty. We'll stay here again if we're ever in town.

• Stayed January 2012
parker, co
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights starting on Dec. 9, 2011. I was disappointed in the hotel for the price. In general, the maintenance at this hotel is sub-par. The carpet needs cleaning, the walls need painting. The towels are extremely thin. The pillows are not comfortable and had a bad odor. I think they are in the middle of a remodel as there were rolls of carpet and paint cans in the side entry which we used to get to our room. The noise level in our room (on the 1st floor) was quite high. Outside our window, which faced the back of the hotel, was a broken chair which was never removed during our stay. The breakfast on Saturday morning was a huge fiasco. The smoke alarms in our room and throughout the hotel went off at about 7:30 Saturday morning, and were not quieted for about 10 minutes. This was due to smoke from the waffle maker in the breakfast room. When we went to breakfast, the area was a mess. The counters and tables were not kept clean, the trash cans were overflowing, etc. We didn't eat. On Monday morning the smoke alarms went off again, this time at 5:30 am, waking us up. However by the time we went to breakfast on Monday, the place looked great and was well-stocked. They obviously had a change in employees for the week days. On the bright side, our room was clean and had a kitchenette. We stay in Las Cruces often as we have family there. For about the same price I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn. They don't have a free breakfast, but I'm not sure how much that is really worth.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple