“One of my Favorites”

Cuisines: Mexican
New Mexico
“One of my Favorites”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I believe this was the first Mexican restaurant I visited on moving to Las Cruces, and it still ranks high in my list of local eateries. Probably the best salsa in to matched with equally good chips. Inexpensive specials at breakfast and lunch every day of the week. My favorite breakfast if the Huevos a la Mexicana, and for lunch/dinner I love the Carne Adovada.

They have three locations in town, and that which I frequent is on Bataan Memorial West. There you place your order at the counter, and take you drink, chips and salsa to your table. Your food will be served promptly and piping hot.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank NewMexicoHungryGuy

Arizona
“Not recommended”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

We went to the Los Compas on 6335 Bataan Memorial W. in Las Cruces NM, and the food was terrible. The tamales and tacos were flavorless and cold. The beans were runny and tasteless. The chile rellenos were soggy and tasteless. The beef fajitas were tough and there wasn't enough food on a combination platter to fill you up. The prices were very high for the amount of food. We certainly won't be going back!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“not the best ive ever had =(”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

not the best ive ever had =(

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Las Cruces
“Avoid This Place”
Reviewed January 9, 2009

Actually, the food there is terrible. Take it from someone who has lived in LC for many years. I admit I've only eaten there once, but the food was so bad neither my wife nor I could finish what was on our plates. We vowed we'd never go back.

The guacamole was extremely runny and flavorless, the chicken was stringy and full of gristle, the beans were cooked with lard (yuck), the chips were stale... everything about it was bad.

Also, you have to order your food at the front counter (fast food style) and take it to your table on paper plates (lame), so don't expect anyone to wait on you. To top it all off, the dining room was dirty and the one time we went it smelled like raw sewage in the parking lot outside the restaurant. Gross.

There are so many good Mexican restaurants in Las Cruces. Why would anyone eat at Los Compas? Oh, and it's located on a shabby-looking street in a sketchy part of town. Avoid at all costs.

Whidbey Island, WA
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed August 16, 2008

My family and I were passing through Las Cruces and asked our hotel clerk where the best place was to eat. She recomended Los Compas. We were a little unsure when we first arrived. It is a hole in the wall, but don't let the physical appearance fool you. The food was excellent. The chips and tortillas all seemed homemade. The beans were to die for. My husband got the chicken tacos and they were mouth watering. My chili relleno was one of the best i've ever had. The price was not bad for the amount of food you receive.I will definately stop here again if we ever pass through Las Cruces.

1 Thank nickpick213