“Great authentic mexican food!”

El Sombrero Patio Cafe
Order Online
Ranked #26 of 420 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

A friend who lives here recommended this place, and it was one of my favorite meals oon the trip. Ate on the patio and it was a bit chilly outside so they had heaters going and it was perfect... salsa a little too spicy for me but loved the bean burrito and the rainbow tacos were very good too.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 17, 2019 via mobile

Would have been a 5 if they had more than a beer and wine license! Pretty extensive authentic New Mexican food. Something for nearly everyone. Local favorite. Moderately priced, great salsa and friendly staff. Always try to find out where the locals eat. Never disappointed. If you like it hot, you can certainly have it your way. I'll return!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

Ate here with my wife for a quick lunch. It's hands down the best Mexican food in Las Cruces. Their carne is excellent, enchiladas are excellent, salsa is awesome, and they can bring the heat like nowhere else. It really is the best place in town.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

This was recommended by some locals as the best Mexican food in Las Cruces. It was not crowded on a Tuesday night and we sat in the patio. Service was ok but they forgot to bring the guacamole. It wasn’t very good anyway.
The enchiladas were very cheesy. and even though the waiter warned that the green chili sauce was very spicy, it tasted like mine had none on it. The red sauce was good but there was too much of it.
Only two handicapped parking spaces in the lot parking lot is pretty rough. Made it hard to maneuver.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by El Sombrero today for lunch. Although people were waiting, the wait was short and we were seated quickly. The salsa was hot and flavorful. The chips were freshly made, crisp and salty, just how we like them. I ordered the ground beef rolled taco plate without rice and beans. Yum! My husband ordered the rainbow enchiladas with rice and beans. We shared everything. It was all tasty, well seasoned, served hot and was just the right serving sizes.
We have eaten at El Sombrero numerous times over the years when visiting family. This is one sister's favorite restaurant. We hadn't eaten there since we moved back to Las Cruces this summer. It is usually packed and given the size of the building that many people makes it loud. My husband has hearing problems so loud places make it hard for him to converse. Of course the delicious food and great service make it a popular place, so it's kind of a catch-22! The food is excellent, the staff prompt and professional. I used the ladies room, which was clean and well kept. We'll definitely be back.

Date of visit: October 2018