“great” 4 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
My Brothers Place
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

they have absolutely great food here. the servers are quick and friendly. we didn't have to ask for refills. I've ordered several different things from the menu and haven't been disappointed in anything.

Visited September 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Mexican, wonderful service, fun pool hall and bar downstairs.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had some great Mexican food here, one of the best tacos I've ever had if not the best. The salsa was spicy which is nice because we love spicy and the salsa usually isn't as spicy as we'd like. Our server was adorable, friendly, and super sweet. I wish I got her name. She was a young African American girl. If you go and see her there, have her wait on you. The atmosphere is the restaurant is interesting. Lots of bright colors and nooks and crannies and there's a fountain in the middle of the place.

After dinner we went downstairs for some drinks. The service was a little slow because they were training someone new. There's about 5 pool tables down there. We were miserable from stuffing ourselves at dinner so we just had a couple of drinks and left.

• Visited December 2012
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
“Good Mexican Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My Brothers Place offers some of the best Mexican food in town. The staff leaves something to be desired and although it is some of the best Mexican food in town, there is still better stuff elsewhere.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Sometimes I forget about this place because of its location. I have never been disappointed in there food, great drinks, fun pool tables!

Visited December 2012
San Diego, California
“Not as great as it once was”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

The service here has always been slow so we went in expecting that. It seems like each time we go in here lately it gets a little worse. We have been semi-regular's for almost 20 years but I think this time we are done. Their Caldo (Mexican Beef Soup) is still very good, as are their beans. The rest of the meals at our table were no better than TV dinners and they were not prepared as we ordered them. Overall, the Spanish rice tasted like very old grease, it was inedible. The red enchiladas were ok but not great and loaded with raw onions which we requested left off. We were there for over an hour and got one iced tea refill and I had to chase someone down for it. Overall it was not a great experience and I rated them a little higher than i would have but I am giving them some credit for past experience. If you want great Mexican food go across the street to Carillos or to Chachi's, both are excellent. Carillo's is a bit of a dive, but don't let it fool you, the owner who is also the Chef is a wonderful cook.

• Visited January 2013