“Sad to have given up on Lorennzo's”

Lorenzo's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 388 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Voted best Italian Restaurant in Las Cruces 18 years running! The family owned and operated business all started at the apron strings of Mama Gina. Vincent Vaccaro and his sister Mary Ostland, owners of Lorenzo’s Italian Restaurant, remember dodging rows of drying pasta in their kitchen and baking endless rows of Italian cookies. Food was always the center of their family gatherings, and now with 46 years of combined restaurant experience, their family dishes are made for you. Everything from cooked to order pastas, pizzas and sandwiches, to homemade soups, seafood and juicy steaks. And don’t forget about the famous homemade bread that will have you addicted in one bite. Can’t make it to the restaurant? Lorenzo’s will bring the restaurant to you! With full service catering for any occasion, Lorenzo’s Catering offers anything from a simple delivered business luncheon, to full scale plated banquet service complete with china, and staff.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Really love Lorenzo's. The fresh baked bread is sooo good and I look forward to their Eggplant pasta dish that I get every time I go there, BUT the service and cleanliness is so lackadaisical that I have finally given up and refuse to go there anymore. The olive oil in the bottles on the table for dipping is old and stale. The bottle covered in dust. Ordered raspberry cheesecake that was overpriced at 5 bucks and tasted like everything else in the fridge that it sat in. Inedible! Really too bad, because so many things to love about Lorenzo's.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went for lunch. They weren't too busy as evidenced by our being seated right away with no wait. We ordered our food and waited and waited and waited. We never did get our food. We ended up leaving. Definately won't be back here.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I were so glad we stumbled onto Lorenzo's Italian Restaurant as we traveled through Las Cruces. This is a wonderful family-owned restaurant. We were greeted warmly by one of the owner family members and seated quickly. She told us that all the dishes are prepared from scratch and are based on her grandmother's Scilian recipes. Our server did a great job. We shared their calamari served with an excellent marinara sauce. My wife had grilled chicken alfredo with green chilies added. I enjoyed the penne with meatballs. The meatballs were delicious with a distinctive flavor enhanced with currants. Next time we are in Las Cruces, we will return on purpose not by chance like our first trip.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I will have to start going here again since Lorenzo's in Mesilla is gone. Food is good, the atmosphere is not Mesilla, though.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Small location but food was really good. Willing to accomodate if you want something a little different than shown on menu. Good staff.