“Consistently Good Local Food”

Mesilla Valley Kitchen
Ranked #55 of 383 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Consistently Good Local Food”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Mesilla Valley Kitchen is a local winner. They serve breakfast and lunch daily and are open until 2 pm. From their dinner plate size cinnamon rolls to their green chile cheeseburgers and homemade potato chips, the food is always good. They are not fancy but they are authentic.

Visited December 2013

Desert Southwest
“Yum - Breakfast Burritos!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

MVK is one of the best (if not THE best) place for breakfast in Las Cruces. The green sauce satisfies my cravings. Sometimes I order the burrito unconstructed, the large tortilla can be a bit overpowering. But it's still my #1 choice for breakfast. :) My only complaint - they aren't open for dinner.

• Visited November 2013
Yorktown, Indiana
“Great breakfast choice!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Trip Advisor's reviewers gave this restaiurant high marks so while on a recent business trip I decided to have breakfast here as opposed to the hotel mini-bagel and hard-boiled egg.

I wasn't let down. The restaurant is unpretentious and located in a strip mall. The interior is clean and similarly simple with some mission touches.

The menu is large - literally - it's printed on an entire wall near the register where you order - with lots of Southwestern and American choices. The menu also features several vegetarian and heart-healthy choices.

I selected huevos rancheros - the portion covered an entire dinner platter: two eggs, four corn tortillas, home fried potatoes, pinto beans, covered in cheese and New Mexico green or red (I chose some of both) chiles. And two flour tortillas to sop up whatever sauce the rest of the food couldn't - completely redundant but tasty.

Let's just say I didn't need lunch that day.

Highly recommended for big appetites!

Arizona
“Good Find”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

If you are put off by walking into an order it before you sit down kind of place be prepared. I usually am and often turn away. But based on the reviews we went ahead and ordered. I had a breakfast quesadilla that was quite stuffed with egg, cheese and enough sausage to be very good. My wife had a “Becky’s Breakfast Sandwich that was really very good. She gave me a bite and it was good!

The guy that took the order was very personable and quite friendly. I asked whether I should have the green or red chili he suggested both. Good thing because they were both very good with great flavor without too much heat.

We’d go back.

• Visited June 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Right on!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great service and great food. Huevos rancheros could of had more potatoes but other than that, it was fantastic, and I also ordered pancakes.

• Visited November 2013