A Lodge on the Desert
Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces(Las Cruces)
$98
$87
$85
$92
HIExpress.com
Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces(Las Cruces)
$100
$89
$99
TripAdvisor
The Big Chile Inn(Las Cruces)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsorgan mountainsfull kitchenromantic getawayexecutive suitewinter homebooks and dvdsgerman shepherdsmall kitchenettenew mexicobed and breakfastcity lightsplace to staypatio areael pasolavernekokopellipetting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I almost hate raving about this place because I want to ensure they will always have availability for me. But, to be fair, I must. I've been here twice and, in both cases, came away with a renewed sense of life. Gorgeous view, fresh air, unique rooms. Way better than any hotel I've ever stayed out. Thanks LaVerne!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
RubyBelle, Owner at A Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for this review. My staff and I are happy that you so enjoy your time with us. Glad that you love our views and unique rooms. I look forward to your return! And, you are welcome, LaVerne

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I understand New Mexico is dusty but this was really bad. The rooms where ok but dated. The continental breakfast was cold cereal. We made our own coffee. Stayed three nights and two mornings the dogs had left us presents (yucky) in the breakfast area. I am not saying is was terrible but it was not the greatest. In it's day this was a beautiful place. It needs a lot of TLC.

Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank lisadeew
RubyBelle, Owner at A Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. While you were here we had a dust storm, so thick, State Police closed the Interstate from 1pm to 7:30pm, from Las Cruces to Lordsburg, a distance of 120 miles. No visibility.
I apologized to you the day my crew showed up to jackhammer a portion of our patio. Dusty, yes. When first reading your review, I thought you were implying that my rooms were not clean, but, happy to see that you found your room was okay.
I am sorry that you missed the frozen foods - waffles, pastries, etc. and the many items that were available in the refrigerator and the fresh fruit on the counter.
My dogs are never allowed in the breakfast area - but, a door was left open and a cat came in. The small mess it left, was cleaned up immediately. Please accept my apologies, as I know this was a big turnoff.
When to make coffee, is always a question. Do I make it at 7:00 am, and leave it sit out until guests come in? To keep coffee fresh, I assemble and put it together early, leaving guests to pour the water in the Bunn and and enjoy fresh coffee. On arrival, I requested that you call my cell phone if you needed ANYTHING. Had you called me, I would have come immediately to make your coffee. I am so sorry that you had to make your own.
I am happy that you enjoyed our fabulous view.
LaVerne Tromble, Owner

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Last year, our first visit to Las Cruces, we spent two weeks at the Lodge on the Desert. We decided then and there to return and spend the whole month of March, which we did. The Lodge is truly our home away from home. There are only six or seven units, so it's much homier than a hotel. We took the same suite, one of the smaller ones, that had everything we needed - a complete kitchen so we could cook-in, a great bed, a comfortable place to sit and read a book or watch TV, a very nice bath. But we always spend a lot of time in other parts of the Lodge, in the big sitting room/solarium, one of the vast patios overlooking the city and the mountains, or on the upper lever balcony. The decor of the Lodge is southwest, including lots of tile, and bubbling fountains. LaVerne is a terrific host, makes everyone feel like family. The Lodge is a home base for our activities in and around Las Cruces and southern New Mexico. We're making a month-long visit an annual event.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
RubyBelle, Owner at A Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Guests, What a wonderful review! Thank you so much. I am happy that you love our Lodge so much, that you keep returning. We all had so much fun with you two joyful people. Your reservations for next year are on our calendar, and we look forward to your return. Bring your dancing shoes next year - we love it when our guests dance with us. The New Mexico Dance Sport Team appreciates your attendance! My staff and I truly appreciate your staying with US.
LaVerne

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The B&B has a wonderful view of the Mesilla Valley. The suite was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was not up to what we are used to in B&Bs around the country. The old couch on the front porch did not look too great. The tile in the room was pretty but the faded artificial flowers on the patio could have been replaced with some nice desert plants. All in all, it was probably right for the price.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
RubyBelle, Owner at A Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed our grand view of the valley and mountains. We are even more happy that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable Suite. We all love our beautiful desert plants, but not inside our fence, where guests can hurt themselves.
LaVerne Tromble, Owner/Operator

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the bridal suite on our wedding night about 4 days ago and it was gorgeous! Soooo much nicer than the Ramada or Hotel Encanto; doesn't have the feel of a hotel, or even a regular b&b. We just moved to North Carolina, but when we go back to Las Cruces to visit, we know where we'll be staying!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
RubyBelle, Owner at A Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Guests,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your wedding night in our "Amazing" Bridal Suite. Thank you for this wonderful review! We hope you love North Carolina and wish the two of you many, many happy years together. We look forward to seeing you when you visit Las Cruces. Thank you so much from myself and my staff. LaVerne