“We've already booked for next year!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Cruces
A Lodge on the Desert
Ranked #3 of 9 Las Cruces B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We fell in love with the Lodge as soon as we settled in. In fact, we liked it so much we stayed an extra week, and then booked a whole month for next year. We had one of the smaller suites but it was very roomy and comfortable, had a great bed, interesting furnishings, a full kitchen, and nice bath. But one needn't be stuck in ones room. There are plenty of other wonderful places in the Lodge, and out on the huge patios, to relax, have a meal, read a book, chat with others staying at the Lodge, or just gaze out at the view, which during the day is of the city and the Organ Mountains beyond, and at night is the lights of the city spread out like a sparkling blanket. The Lodge is unique, full of beautiful tile work, and unique southwestern furnishings and art. LaVerne is a great hostess. What a great discovery!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
RubyBelle, Owner at A Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Dear Guests, We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We all appreciated your graciousness. Thanks for sharing your newly published book with us. All of us are looking forward to your return visit next year. LaVerne Tromble, Owner

Reviewed February 14, 2012

A Lodge on the Desert is an excellent choice if you are staying in Las Cruces. Our room was comfortable, individually decorated, and quiet! The view of Las Cruces and the Organ Mtns is stunning. The continental breakfast is generous: if it is not sufficient, you can cook your own hot breakfast in your room. The hostess is gracious, outgoing, and will do everything she can to make your stay pleasant. The acreage surrounding the lodge is full of native Chihuahuan desert birds, and they come to feed in the garden and drink at the fountain. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when visiting Las Cruces.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable and well-furnished. The larger rooms have more space and larger kitchens...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane W
RubyBelle, Owner at A Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear Guests, It was such a pleasure having the two of you here! It was wonderful that all our desert birds cooperated, and am glad the roadrunner finally showed himself. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our Lodge. My staff and I look forward to your next 'birding' adventure! LaVerne

Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I recently moved from TX to CA and stayed here en route (Executive room #1), and loved it. The room was unique, and the host showed us great hospitality. We would definitely come here again. The breakfast was only OK, but for the price I didn't expect anything. Very convenient off of I-10, but far enough away to be quiet and safe. Thanks!

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank neurokeller
RubyBelle, Owner at A Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Dear Guests, Thanks for your lovely review. We wish you could have stayed longer too - it is always such a pleasure to meet young couples like the two of you! I wish all the best for you in your new home in California. LaVerne

Reviewed October 24, 2011

This was the nicest hotel we have ever spend the night at. Very clean, the owners were
just the nicest folks in the world.

Great Views, everything you needed is right there. The decorations were out of this
world.

We would recomend this to anyone that wants to get away and have a great time.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
RubyBelle, Owner at A Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear Guest, We are happy that you enjoyed your visit! I shall pass your complimentary words on to my loyal staff. And, we look forward to your return for "Cowboy Days". Thanks so much. LaVerne Tromble, Owner

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our annual trip to New Mexico for the Hatch Chile Festival wouldn't be complete without the wonderful lodging experience at "A Lodge on the Desert." We love room #7, which is really a full suite complete with a comfortable bed, incredible bathroom, full kitchen, and patio with a beautiful view. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Room 7 is incredible
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rebeccaspry
RubyBelle, Owner at A Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear Guest, We love it when you come back each year! Thank you so much for your review. All of us here at the Lodge were happy to hear you enjoyed your suite, and, the Chili Festival. Sincerely, LaVerne

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed here one night for business. I am totally sick of the business hotel scene and wanted something different, which is what I got. I arrived late and left early, so I never actually saw another person, which was just fine with me. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, and it was nice and quiet. Also, nice nighttime view of the city.

Since I never saw anyone, I never got the story of the place, but it is interesting and funky 70's ish (art/decor, etc). Breakfast is do it yourself, basically cereal and a banana, which is also pretty much what I eat at home so it felt comfortable.

Is it four star? Of course not. But, in my opinion it was a better home away from home than a faceless hotel, and the price was right!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank santafeCATS
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I came for a business trip for my law practice and was so impressed I stayed another night...just for fun.. I was blissed out by the incredible views of Cruces and the Organ Mountains from the patio that includes a lovely fountain and a FULL OUTSIDE KITCHEN. Birds singing everywhere, including a very friendly road runner who visited the patio in the evening. The room was extremely clean and beautifully furnished with top of the line bedding and very comfortable bed. Also fabulous tiles in the bath. Extra bonus was the fresh fruit and homemade yogurt for breakfast.I didn't want to leave. Stay here..

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business