“Really, Really good mexican food”

Habanero's Fresh Mex
Ranked #15 of 391 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have had a lot of Mexican food in New Mexico and southern California. Alfredo Felix has some great recipes and takes his work very seriously. He makes the best tacos I have had anywhere. His vegetarian guacamole tostada is excellent, as is the chicken mole. I have ordered these dishes many times. The menu is very extensive. I eat here whenever I have business in Las Cruces, and look forward to exploring the menu. I do not recommend the seafood enchilada or chicken pepian. They are good, but there are better dishes.

1  Thank travellingdoc025

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Habanero's was recommended by the hotel front desk after understanding that we were interested in authentic Mexican ranging from medium to hot spicy. The food was excellent and the owner was friendly. We may go back to try breakfast. Excellent and well priced!

1  Thank Debbie G
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Understand that we are not coniseurs of Mexican cuisine. But we have lived in southwest Tucson for a few years and traveled extensively throughout the region. As well as all of Mexico.

A year ago, on a trip from Tucson to Austin, we were drawn to Habanero's by the Tripadvisor reviews, having earlier sampled some of the Mesilla restaurants.

We visited and were delighted. Passing through Lac Cruces this past month (April 2014), we thought we'd try Tripadvisor's #1 rated restaurant. It happened to be closed on Monday so we diverted to Habenero's for what turned out to be another great meal. Qualities:

- Great service by people who own the place or are longtime employees
- Extensive, surprisingly nuanced menu
- Walk-up ordering, indoor seating
- Avoid if you're looking for Tex-Mex

Excellent!

1  Thank John C
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This evening was my last time to visit this so called #2 restaurant in LC. Ordered the tacos and they were OK, beans straight of the can and the spanish rice was like eating cardboard.
Window ledges were filthy and floors looked like I was in a barn(DIRTY)! NEVER AGAIN!

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

This little restaurant is our favorite. Low overhead, large selection, reasonable prices, and Felix the owner is friendly and accessible. The restaurant is small and the parking is limited but it is well worth the effort.