Tripadvisor
Las Cruces

“Overpriced, near tasteless, stingy on toppings and soggy bottom thin crust.”

Luna Rossa Winery & Pizzeria
Order Online
Ranked #11 of 399 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had great hopes for Luna Rosa Winey and Pizzeria as I saw good reviews each here and on another restaurant review site. They turned out to be a sad disappointment.

I called ahead to order two pizzas and a salad and was told it would be ready in 10 minutes. It took me 15 minutes to reach the restaurant. After I arrived, they located found my ticket and then started the order. 15 minutes later my order was ready.

I ordered an Insalata Paolo consisting of mixed greens with artichokes, olives, pepperoni, feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette for $10.99. It was okay but nothing to write home about and a little meager on the portioning.

I had ordered two pizzas. The first was their Pizza Bianca Mozzarella which was around 12" and had ricotta, Parmigiano Reggiano, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper for $9.99. This pizza was big enough for two people if they were not too hungry. The pizza was limited on flavor and the thin crust was soggy.

My second pizza was their Luna Rossa Salamino which was again around 12" and had piccante, prosciutto cotto, mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, capers, artichokes, onions, black olives, mozzarella and tomato sauce for $12.99. They were more generous with the toppings on this one and the flavor was actually tasty. What killed the pizza, as with the first pizza was the thin crust which was soggy.

Perhaps the problem was that the pizza they promised in 10 minutes which ended up taking more like 30 minutes and even then it rushed out before it was fully cooked.

There will be no next time for Luna Rossa.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (422)

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

When we first arrived we were concerned some of the reviews about the, less than stellar, service might be accurate. However, it appeared that considering the time it might have just been due to larger than usual late lunch crowd. That said, things got better after the first 10 minutes or so.

As for the wine tasting, there are some good selections; however, our server wasn’t very knowledgeable of the wines.

As for the food, once we found a wine we both liked, we thought we’d give the pizza a try. No surprise, they had a pizza called the “Luna Rossa” — surprisingly good.

It’s probably worth your time, and if the weather is good, their outside seating is a nice place for a bottle of wine and a pizza.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

I am an overnight visitor to the RV Resort next to Luna. I picked up a pizza and a bottle of Nini.

All very wonderful,will be back on return trip!

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

Very good variety of pizzas, great wine selección , good service . You can see how they make your pizza .

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020

Pizza in New Mexico? I am from the east coast and know pizza. This place was mentioned as a good place to get wine and pizza and that they had a Monday special of a10 inch pizza with one topping for a special price. So having pizzas and sharing a salad hit the spot and the pizza was pretty good. It was a thin but not hard dough with the perfect amount of topping and cheese They also had a flight of five wines for an excellent price. For not expecting much, I was exceedingly surprised and sated.

Date of visit: December 2019