“Nice place, great pizza”

Luna Rossa Winery & Pizzeria
Ranked #6 of 383 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Maybe you didn't go to Mesilla for Italian, but this little bistro is a treat.

We didn't enjoy it to the max since we did take-out, but the pizza and the lasagna were both delicious. The thin crust pizza was very nice.

The winery features wine from grapes grown in nearby Demming and our bottle of Zin (to go) was quite respectable.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Luna Rossa Winery & Pizzeria is hands-down the best Italian food in Las Cruces. The pizzas are thin crust with simple tomato sauce and quality cheese. Lots of topping choices. My husband and I have eaten a few of their dishes, $10-$12, my favorite is the Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto. The servings are very generous and the salads are made from very fresh mixed greens. The dining room is not large but is inviting and impeccably clean. Our service has always been prompt and the servers are very friendly and willing to answer questions. Don't miss their gorgeous house-made desserts.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Good selection of New Mexico wines and the reds are particularly nice. Easy access to I-10. Service is inconsistent. Service at the wine bar was good; service in the restaurant area, not so good (and that's a pity because the food is excellent.)

1  Thank BethanyLeah
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We visited on a Monday. They offer $ 5.00 one topping pizzas all day. The pizza was perfect from a wood fired oven. The service was friendly and efficient. My wife and I each ordered a pizza, and we shared a house salad, and there was enough pizza to take some home with us. The nice thing for us was that we could sit outside on their very nice patio with our dog. Definitely worth the trip!

2  Thank jollyguy
Reviewed September 29, 2012

OH MY (not said in a good way). My visit here was so surprisingly disappointing, I could cry. Maybe my expectations were too high from reading others' reviews, but why didn't anyone mention the pizzas were so tiny?? As in "a pizza per person" tiny! I could've cried when our two arrived -I thought we'd have to order another five for our party of seven. What's worse, both tasted identical, even though we ordered different ones. Then there was the salad, which comprised several slices of tomato & mozarella -not a shred of lettuce in sight. I thought it was an appetizer! Not one order of small breadsticks complimentary, not even a slice of bread -we had t order those separately. Taste definitely matters but so does VALUE, esp. in today's economy. Where was this benchmark taste everyone's been describing?? Yes, the pizza was good, but Zeffiro's (or even Dion's) is a gazillion times better! And better value, too.

Ordered another pizza, and a pasta dish. The pasta was a nice-sized serving, and it got good reviews. I think that was the best part of this visit.

Oh my gosh. I haven't wanted to cry from sheer disappointment like this in a long, long time. Except when I saw the bill, nearly $78.00 (w/out tip!).

Oh well, Luna Rossa. Maybe we'll be back on a Monday for your $5 specials.