“Nice and quiet.”
Review of Motel 6 Las Cruces

Motel 6 Las Cruces
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Check in was smooth. The young lady behind the counter was extremely helpful with suggestions of restaurants in the area .The wood floors in the rooms are a nice touch compared to the normal carpet. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Overall the property was quite impressive, parking lot was clean, the shrubs and green areas were well maintained . Would I stay again...... Yes

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 29, 2010

We made the reservation here at the last minute because we were too tired to drive all the way to Carlsbad that night. Although the room we reserved was not available, the staff there placed us into a large room with a kitchen and didn't charge us extra. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff who greeted us late at night and the morning staff were all very nice and truly seemed to want to make our short stay comfortable...which they did. My son loved the showerhead and we had plenty of towels. We frequently stay in Motel 6's because I don't want to pay a lot of money for a room we are using to just sleep in. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Nice Laminate Floors. Shower was a little difficult to control. But it was clean and I have no real complaints. Would stay at again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We have never encountered a motel that runs out of toilet paper and out of clean towels!! What kind of business are they running and if so, who in the hell is watching this busness and the owners. I started my terrible ordeal when I noticed the toilet paper was running very low so I went to the front desk and asked for toilet paper and the front desk person told me they had none,and then proceeded to hand me a handful of paper towels! The next day I asked one of the housekeepers for a roll and she told me to ask the front desk again, In which I did and she told me she'd be out on the lookout for some in the other rooms. I went to the front desk (another person) and she told me they were late in recieiving their shipment and that the whole motel didn't have any toilet paper! And. that she'd would look for some for me. We were there for 3 days and If I hadn't paid in advanced I would have left that ridiculousplace!! (she refused to return my money) I was totally disgusted and I will never enter that motel again!!! I paid good american money and I expect good old american toilet paper!! So, If you like a clean,rash free bottom,then, DON'T VISIT THIS MOTEL 6 ON POSADA LANE!!!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2007

This is not the worst place I have ever stayed, but it was not the best either. The location was super convenient so it seemed like a good idea. However, for the same price we could have stayed in a nicer place with fewer problems.

Here's an example of what was less than great -->

1) Small Room - In a double room there was wall to wall furniture. The beds were inches from the walls, and there was maybe 2 feet between the beds. The dresser/TV stand took up the whole wall. Very little space for walking around, etc

2) Grimy/Grungy - The room had an overall grungy/grimy look on the walls, baseboards, corners, etc. The major parts were clean, but it was very obvious this is an older, less maintained property.

3) We stayed on the first floor near the office and the noise level was terrible. At night/early, early morning there were slamming doors, loud talking, etc. The housekeeping carts were noise and there was no way anyone could have slept in if they had wanted to.

I will certainly rethink any future stays at Motel 6 and this property.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2007

It has been a couple of years, so maybe things are better now. But we had a TERRIBLE experience there in the summer of 2003.

The worst thing was a dirty toilet, the kind of nastiness that if you were in a public restroom you would choose another stall. The beds in the room were made, so it wasn't a matter of them messing up and giving us a room that hadn't been, ahem, "cleaned" yet. There were all kinds of drunks hanging out on the balconies as well. Maybe I didn't get the kind of place it was before we checked in.

We stayed only for about half an hour. As I recall they gave us a hard time about canceling our reservation and refunding our $$. Eventually they gave in, but it was a struggle.

There was other stuff, but you get the gist. I think the mere fact that I remember the place four years later says something.

I used to stay at Motel 6 all the time prior to that experience. I've only just recently tried them again. I have to say that generally they are okay for a cheap motel, but this place was the pits.

• Stayed: July 2003
2  Thank LastFreeUsername
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We came to town for the softball nationals and stayed for about 4-5 days. 6 families from our team Orcutt Fuegos booked rooms here and we were more than happy!
Our rooms had the kitchenettes which were furnished with the necessities to cook, a full sized refridgerator, stove and microwave and worked wonderfully for us as we were able to cook each night and morning before the games. We had so much fun that we even became the "6 crew" and even made shirts lol! as the others from our team had issues about staying at a motel 6, but we loved every minute of it.
The rooms were clean and comfortable (NO BEDBUGS! WE CHECKED) with the exception of short beds, but this was something we could all live with. Room service was daily and the gals from room service were on the ball.
I would say if you are planning on any kind of extended stay this is the place to go as it is reasonably priced and has everything that you need. Definitely get the kitchenette! everything in town is about 5-10 min away so the location was great.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 6crew