“On My Way ToNAVY Reunion 2010”
Review of Motel 6 Las Cruces

Motel 6 Las Cruces
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Yuma, Arizona
“On My Way ToNAVY Reunion 2010”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

9/14/10

The wife and I are heading for my Navy Reunion in Myrtle Beach SC. We stopped here our first night out. Got in late as it is a long drive from Yuma, AZ. The people were friendly, the place was clean and quite. Our Room was #206

Cap & Virginia

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Terlingua, Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The best thing I can say is that this Motel6 lives up to the reputation of being a good place to stay; not great, not raunchy - just a good place for a nights sleep.
Staff was excellent; the room was clean; there was some background noise but I live in the desert so I'm conscious of ANY outside noise.
Note: the main picture is not La Posada, it's Telshore - the pictures are a mix of both Motel6's in Las Cruces.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the parking lot, the layout of this Motel is slightly odd so having a room c...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stopped here on a trip cross country and it was exactly what I was looking for. The basics, nothing fancy, cheap and clean. If you are thrifty and want a clean place, this is it. Free coffee in the morning is nice too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The guest attendant was very helpful and quick. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. Upon going to the room, I found it to be clean and perfect for our overnight stay. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Israel S
Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I normally bypass Motel 6s but I am traveling alone this time and just wanted an inexpensive place to stay after a hard day on the interstate.

The lady in reception was very pleasant and helpful and handled everything very efficiently. She answered all my questions clearly. She is what hotel people should be like.

The room (258) was a single. Very clean. I didn't feel the need to use my disinfectant spray. The furniture is simple and, well, cheap - it is Motel 6 after all. Everything works though. The only problem I could find, and I look for them, was a loose AC/Heating vent.

The bedding is okay. Appears to be clean. The floors are solid surface and clean. I like them better than carpet. The room and the bath look newly refurbished. The TV looks like it is an old 19 inch one, but it gets all the channels. The remote was clean.

The Motel is a little hard to find. Look for the Super 8. It is right next to it and they share a little side road. A small Motel 6 sign points to the entrance.

Room Tip: Highway noise is not a problem. You can see I-10 from the Motel but you can't hear it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MadJayhawk
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stopped here because I needed a pet friendly room and didn't want to go through the hassles of stopping at every place just to either be denied or to be charged a huge amount. I asked to inspect the room and was given a keycard to take a peek. Thank goodness they had a pet friendly room on the ground floor and was able to park at a spot right outside the door. The room looked & smelled clean with a light fresh scent. I was pleasantly surprised that rather than the usual carpeting that can hold dirt and grime, the floors were hardwood. That makes me feel better especially when trying to avoid any buggies. The a/c & heating vent and thermostat are just like a home. It worked quite well but it was producing a helicopter propeller sound. The room had 2 twin beds. It was thin but quite comfortable. The TV was a small older design (not flat screen) and the transmission of all the channels were full of static. The bathroom was pleasant. The shower reminds me of some type of sci-fi show because it resembles some type of cocoon. The sink...unfortunately was not able to produce any hot water. No mini fridge or microwave or an alarm clock. And of course...Motel 6 only serves coffee...no breakfast. The bare essentials here but to be expected...especially with the extremely low price.

Room Tip: I asked for a pet friendly room on the ground floor. I got room 135 and right outside there are 2 p...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank FryGuyKen
Longview, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It has been a long time since we stayed in a Motel 6. We chose to do so on this trip because of its pet-friendly policy nationwide. So many other places add exorbitant up-charge fee even though we have a very small dog. We were very pleasantly surprised at how friendly the staff was at check-in. The hotel was clean and in good condition. We could suggest that they splurge just a bit on their "free" coffee in the morning which was offered in the smallest cups made and no lids. Arrangements with a nearby restaurant provided a meal delivered to the front desk - not quite room service but adequate. We understand that in order to keep their rate as low as they do, there is little offered in extra amenities. A comfortable king size bed was welcome - another surprise because many of these hotels do not offer the king rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family