“Smart stop”
Review of Motel 6 Las Cruces

Motel 6 Las Cruces
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The guest attendant was very helpful and quick. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. Upon going to the room, I found it to be clean and perfect for our overnight stay. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Israel S

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I normally bypass Motel 6s but I am traveling alone this time and just wanted an inexpensive place to stay after a hard day on the interstate.

The lady in reception was very pleasant and helpful and handled everything very efficiently. She answered all my questions clearly. She is what hotel people should be like.

The room (258) was a single. Very clean. I didn't feel the need to use my disinfectant spray. The furniture is simple and, well, cheap - it is Motel 6 after all. Everything works though. The only problem I could find, and I look for them, was a loose AC/Heating vent.

The bedding is okay. Appears to be clean. The floors are solid surface and clean. I like them better than carpet. The room and the bath look newly refurbished. The TV looks like it is an old 19 inch one, but it gets all the channels. The remote was clean.

The Motel is a little hard to find. Look for the Super 8. It is right next to it and they share a little side road. A small Motel 6 sign points to the entrance.

Room Tip: Highway noise is not a problem. You can see I-10 from the Motel but you can't hear it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MadJayhawk
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stopped here because I needed a pet friendly room and didn't want to go through the hassles of stopping at every place just to either be denied or to be charged a huge amount. I asked to inspect the room and was given a keycard to take a peek. Thank goodness they had a pet friendly room on the ground floor and was able to park at a spot right outside the door. The room looked & smelled clean with a light fresh scent. I was pleasantly surprised that rather than the usual carpeting that can hold dirt and grime, the floors were hardwood. That makes me feel better especially when trying to avoid any buggies. The a/c & heating vent and thermostat are just like a home. It worked quite well but it was producing a helicopter propeller sound. The room had 2 twin beds. It was thin but quite comfortable. The TV was a small older design (not flat screen) and the transmission of all the channels were full of static. The bathroom was pleasant. The shower reminds me of some type of sci-fi show because it resembles some type of cocoon. The sink...unfortunately was not able to produce any hot water. No mini fridge or microwave or an alarm clock. And of course...Motel 6 only serves coffee...no breakfast. The bare essentials here but to be expected...especially with the extremely low price.

Room Tip: I asked for a pet friendly room on the ground floor. I got room 135 and right outside there are 2 p...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank FryGuyKen
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It has been a long time since we stayed in a Motel 6. We chose to do so on this trip because of its pet-friendly policy nationwide. So many other places add exorbitant up-charge fee even though we have a very small dog. We were very pleasantly surprised at how friendly the staff was at check-in. The hotel was clean and in good condition. We could suggest that they splurge just a bit on their "free" coffee in the morning which was offered in the smallest cups made and no lids. Arrangements with a nearby restaurant provided a meal delivered to the front desk - not quite room service but adequate. We understand that in order to keep their rate as low as they do, there is little offered in extra amenities. A comfortable king size bed was welcome - another surprise because many of these hotels do not offer the king rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2013

they charge $6 a day extra for a room with a fridge and microwave and they don't have a public computer in the lobby, unlike several other motel 6s in new mexico that provide all 3 for no extra charge.
the mattresses and pillows are extremely thin and uncomfortable. at least the floor was wood instead of the usual filthy carpetting at motel 6s. my room was clean.
the young daytime deskclerk was not friendly- she needs to be retrained in customer service

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank whomever
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We could hear everything in the surrounding rooms. There was a Dog in the next room whining most of the night, guests upstairs stomping around, and other guests hanging around outside the rooms. Our room was clean but the exterior and interior are in need of some work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MadMan222
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I was reluctant to stay here after I saw the reviews but tried it anyway because of my budget. The lady at the front desk was nice. I checked the room for bugs and hair but didn't find any. If I was picky I could say they need a little maintenance but what budget hotel doesn't. They either listened to your reviews or I had a really good housekeeper. I would recommend it for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: November 2012