“average for a motel 6” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Chicago, Illinois
“average for a motel 6”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

they charge $6 a day extra for a room with a fridge and microwave and they don't have a public computer in the lobby, unlike several other motel 6s in new mexico that provide all 3 for no extra charge.
the mattresses and pillows are extremely thin and uncomfortable. at least the floor was wood instead of the usual filthy carpetting at motel 6s. my room was clean.
the young daytime deskclerk was not friendly- she needs to be retrained in customer service

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank whomever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We could hear everything in the surrounding rooms. There was a Dog in the next room whining most of the night, guests upstairs stomping around, and other guests hanging around outside the rooms. Our room was clean but the exterior and interior are in need of some work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MadMan222
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I was reluctant to stay here after I saw the reviews but tried it anyway because of my budget. The lady at the front desk was nice. I checked the room for bugs and hair but didn't find any. If I was picky I could say they need a little maintenance but what budget hotel doesn't. They either listened to your reviews or I had a really good housekeeper. I would recommend it for an overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank msu_gurl
Victorville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel may be cheap, but it is still not worth it. The staff IS very nice however they can not make up for the condition this property is kept in. Our first room was dirty: with dirty beds, kitchen, dead bugs and unclean beds!! The second room had ants. My children and I got bit repeatedly. The wals are thin, we could hear everything outside. I would NOT recommend this location. Pay more for cleaner and more comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

At check-in the desk clerk gave us "a quiet room-in the back on the ground floor". He didn't tell us there were many, many screaming, stomping, running, did I say screaming Little Leaguers and their sisters staying there for the same two nights we would be there along with their loud drunken "adult" sponsers playing their not really music until 11 pm both nights. When we returned to our room the second day we found a Pringles container on our nightstand and Pringles all over the floor. Someone had definitely sat on our bed and used the phone while eating the Pringles. And to top it off someone stole our ear protection headset from our room. To check out we had to wade through a pile of beer cans to get to the lobby. The only positive was the quiet JROTC boys on both sides. Don't park anywhere near the grass - your vehicle will be covered with hard water spots the next morning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I've stayed at this motel 6 more than 5 times, when I travel to & from Texas to California its my halfway point, I have 2 dogs & they have no fee & are low in cost & if you reserve your room online even more less. You get what you pay for here nothing fancy, there is always truckers & creepy men make sure your vehicle is secure. I only stay over night so its ok to me because i'm just looking for some where to get sleep before continuing my driving the next morning!

• Stayed March 2012
Orange, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The only thing I can say nice about this place was the staff was friendly. Otherwise it was noisy and dirty. It wasn't so much the five guys that didn't seem to think they could actually sit inside the room, instead of outside on the balcony, it was the fact that the next day after they had left trash and cigarette butts and empty salsa containers all over the balcony, nobody cleaned it up, it was still there a day later.

And what is going on with Motel 6 WiFi. I could not get a consistent connection in 2 different Motel 6's. Starbucks, fine, back home fine, both Motel 6's kept dropping my connection.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo