“Disgusting!!”

Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Houston, Texas
“Disgusting!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed here after a 12 hour drive from Houston. I have stayed in motel 6 before and it was fairly decent and clean for the low price. But not this dump. All the linen in the room was used before and the whole room was full of hair. The beds were so uncomfortable we were not able to sleep all night. This place was a nightmare. Wish I would have spend extra $20 and stayed in a hotel. Never going back to motel 6 ever again.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Lahiru C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lebanon, Oregon
Reviewed March 29, 2011

My wife and I were traveling due to a death in the family. Upon our travels back to the West Coast, we stayed at this Motel 6. I must honestly say, I stay away from motels such as these. Mainly, "you get what you pay for," under these circumstances. However, to our amazment, this Motel6 was very pleasent. The front desk lady working the audit shift, was very courteous, and professional. It was just after 6am when we checked in. I believe we paid something around $50 for the stay, and she lined it up to where we didn't have to checkout until the following morning! Which was super nice, and super sweet of her. This caught us up on some much needed rest, for we've been on the road, Interstate 10, since just outside of Texas in Lousiana, traveling from Florida origially heading back. Sixteen hours on the road, just trying to make it through Texas in one day! Mission accomplished tho!! Anyways, we were able to sleep for several hours, got up during the afternoon, and enjoyed some of the scenery of Southern New Mexico. I believe we were some 30 miles from The Mexian boarder. Which was, I have to admit, scary, but thrilling all at the same time.

The room was nice, again, I'm used to staying in much nicer places, but the room was very pleasent. We got a double queen room, good size tube TV, with nice cable network. They even have Wi-Fi as wel, for a small additional cost. I believe it was about $3.00, not bad, made it to where I could still check on business. The beds were actually, surprisingly comfy. And it was nice of the front desk lady to hook us up with 2 beds. Sometimes I can get a bit loud with my snoring, and with the long hours in the car, I tend to be a bit jumpy while sleeping. So, the wife enjoyed her bed to herself.

If/when we ever pass through this area again, I highly recommend this Motel6. Great business, great rates, great staff for being in the middle of nowhere. (from what it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, lol).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mouse1944
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Room is small but clean. Pergo floors through out that are nice and clean. Room was 43 and internet for 3. Plenty of hot water. Only came with 2 little bars of soap. Free coffee until 10 am. Shops and restaurants 5 min away.

• Stayed December 2010
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I only stayed for one night, but I was really pleasantly surprised when I pulled up to check in. The premises were clean (not seedy as some might expect from a less expensive chain) and friendly as was the service.

When I drove around to my room the landscaping was pretty and the pool area was inviting. I wished I'd had a little more time to enjoy it!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank JLo_6713
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My fiancee and I thought we were getting a good deal, but we were wrong! We were stupposed to stay for a week while apartment hunting, but after two nights we could not stay any longer and moved to a different hotel across town. The girl at the front desk was very nice, but booked us in a room directly under a group of drunks throwing bottle caps and garbage off the balcony, landing very close to my car! There were many other rooms available, yet this is the one they booked us in!! They were noisey into the wee hours of the night, and made me feel very unsafe. This seemed like a good location, and the room, although cramped, seemed reasonably clean. However, nothing makes up for the feeling of being unsafe and kept up all night!
Don't stay here if you can help it!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Las Cruces hotels

california
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Booked the two person double room when I arrived in Las Cruces - $47.01. Just a no- frills room - small room, no coffee maker, micro or refridgerator...small shower & bathroom. Our room was on the second floor just around the corner from the front. When we opened our window we heard the air conditioning unit from the room across the way. We had a good night's sleep but my husband said if you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs. If you have a room in the front, you might hear the truck noises. There's a 24-hour Whataburger nearby...not much else though I remember seeing other restaurants at nearby exits.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
FITCHBURG
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Check in was smooth. The young lady behind the counter was extremely helpful with suggestions of restaurants in the area .The wood floors in the rooms are a nice touch compared to the normal carpet. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Overall the property was quite impressive, parking lot was clean, the shrubs and green areas were well maintained . Would I stay again...... Yes

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple