“Excellent stay.”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Kempner, Texas
“Excellent stay.”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed two days in this hotel on February going to California. I was very pleased with everything. In the way back, I stayed again and Michael remember me!!! I have the same room I stayed before !!! Michael is an asset to your hotel. The female manager (forgot her name )was very friendly and remember the room I stayed also! I was planning to ask for that room but I did not have to!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed 2 nights there this weekend on a round trip to Tucson from Dallas. Made reservations on Hotels.com for $65 per night pre tax. This is an extremely nice chain hotel that is relatively new. The room we stayed in had two beds and was exceptionally nice. Extremely comfortable beds and nicely furnished room. It would have been nice to have a comfortable chair in the room but with 2 beds there was not much room to put one.

There is free Wi Fi advertised but I guess this is a case of "you get what you pay for" as it was so slow that it may as well have been nonexistent.

There is another La Quinta about 2 blocks away but this one looks like the newer one and I would recommend this one.

My only other complaint, besides the horrible WiFi is that there is construction on the Interstate and it is a little difficult to get to the hotel due to this. Either I missed the Westbound exit or there is not one but a little trip around Southwest Las Cruces finally got us there.

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor and you won't have noisy upstairs neighbors. Also, I think the rooms on t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank rekster
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We chose this hotel because of their pet policy and because of the Trip Advisor ranking. We stayed at multiple La Quintas (1 night each) during a long road trip (in order from best to worst: Santa Clarita, Bakersfield North, Las Cruces, Flagstaff, Fort Stockton) and this was one of the nicer ones. Only issue we had was the wifi was down pretty much the whole time we were were there but they did give us a discount. Lady at the front desk was very nice and did a great job. The breakfast was pretty typical of La Quinta. Coffee at all La Quintas is terrible. Good value for what we needed after a long day of driving.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We chose this hotel because they allow pets and that's what we needed. We stayed here twice on our drive from Texas to California and back for Christmas. The beds were clean, but the floors were gross I didn't even want my kids walking on them without shoes on. The breakfast was pretty poor, after the first time we chose to eat at the Cracker Barrel next door. Overall though for the weary traveler, it had what we needed for a great price.

• Stayed December 2013
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed in room 270. Don't understand the high rating. Room was tidy BUT, stains all over carpet, torn up carpet, chewed up doors(pet friendly that's what you get), dogs barking at 6am, 2 types of muffins, yogurt and waffles does not make full breakfast. Mildew in bathroom, doors filthy, curtains stained. Front desk help very plesent.

• Stayed December 2013