“Trip Advisor Helped!”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Charleston, WV
“Trip Advisor Helped!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed in this La Quinta instead of the one across the street and I am glad we did! The room was clean and comfortable. The staff could not have been nicer. This is a newer property (At least it LOOKS new) and the room was immaculate. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was quiet. (No outside noise and no noise from the other rooms) I am starting to notice that La Quintas are a little more spacious than a typical "Economy" hotel. I started with them because they accepted our dog, but I will stay with them for the value, their always friendly staff, and their super clean rooms!

Room Tip: Definitely stay here not the one across the street.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Velp, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Sure, the staff was friendly and the breakfast ok. But the walls seem to be thinner than all the other Quintas I stayed at. It was difficult to sleep when there seemed to be a continuing stampede (late in the evening and early in the morning) in the room above mine.
Skip this one.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 21, 2012

It's odd that there is another La Quinta that is right across the street but from the outside it looks much nicer than this one but I wasn't disappointed with this location. The location was clean, they accepted my dog, the breakfast was good but it was busy so there wasn't a lot of food left. Basic amenities (plus some) met but safety wise, I'd go across the street, specially if you have a dog you have to walk at night.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I would stay at this hotel again, breakfast was good, beds very comfortable and very close to restaurants and Wal-Mart where we had to get a few items for our trip.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Aransas Pass, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Let's start with the positives: It has high-speed internet and it's right next to a Cracker Barrel restaurant. Now the negatives: Where do I start? I found this place online, rated at 2 1/2 stars, for a moderate price - should've been just what I was looking for. Unfortunately I was HUGELY disappointed right from the start. When I walked in the lobby, it smelled terrible, was dingy, and the decor is old. Hardly welcoming. Anyway, I'm traveling by myself with a 1 yr old and 3 yr old, it's late, and I've already paid for my 4-day reservation, so it's too late to turn back now! Giving them the benefit of the doubt and hoping my room is in better condition than the lobby, I somehow manage to wrestle my 2 babies and our luggage up to my 3rd floor room in one trip all by myself since there were no available luggage carts, and am very ready to kick off my shoes and relax... but no such luck. The room was littered with hair - EVERYWHERE!- long black hairs on the sink, tub, and ice bucket, and the "fresh" washcloth and shampoo on the side of the tub was wrapped by a long pubic hair (I took a picture on my cell phone if anyone is interested). There was a layer of dust on everything, the carpet is full of stains, grout missing in the bathroom tile, the plug for the tub was broken and sitting to the side (not a good thing with 2 toddlers) and just like the lobby, everything is dingy and old. Just the type of appointments you'd expect from a side-of-the-road No-Tell Motel. Also, no firdge or microwave (my fault for not realizing I was paying for a room without those amenities, I thought they were standard these days). Anyway, I'm on my last (4th) night, I come back to my room after a very long, stressful day of family business, and my bed isn't even made. There was a note from housekeeping saying it couldn't be made because she "could not touch my belongings"... I had left my babies blanket on the bed this morning. If ALL belongings need to be removed before the bed can be made, there needs to be a big sign posted somewhere! I'll be checking out tomorrow even though it turns out I'll be here the rest of the week. I would rather pack up all of my belongings and go through the hassle of moving than stay here one more night. It's horrible!

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, make sure you pay that extra charge for a room with a fridge and micr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ryann L
Austin, TX
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The reviews of most chain motels along I-10 in El Paso and Las Cruces run the spectrum from awful to mediocre, so it was hard to make a decision about where to stay first night on a long drive out of Texas. This LQ was just fine. The front desk staff was wonderful (they hung onto my computer adapter I left in the wall for a week, til I could come back thru and get it). This is some remodeled property LQ took over, I guess--the rooms are laid out differently, smaller, but ours was just fine for a night, and it was $59. My only complaint is chiefly directed at other guests traveling with dogs: PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG! LQ is nice enough not to charge for our pets, so this would be common courtesy. The lawn around this place is a landmine of little-dog piles. Yes, LQ should clean it, but I also blame the dog owners. Last report: we did find a bag of breakfast trash from a nearby chain on the overhead rack in the closet area the morning we were leaving---not our trash. I thought to myself, "this is the kind of thing someone would get on Trip Advisor and rant about." We never knew it was there, but yes, housekeeping should have seen it and removed it. And like other reviewers said, the lobby furniture has seen better days. But hey, it was $59.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Arizona
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We were traveling from Florida to Arizona and chose the La Quinta hotel chain because they welcome pets. Unfortunately for this property, we stayed the first two nights of our trip in some outstanding properties and this one fell short by comparison. The person checking us in was not friendly and seemed unhappy with her job. Since we were traveling with our dog perhaps they relegated us to a lesser room. The carpet was stained, the ottoman was stained, and the drain in the bathtub was broken. Otherwise the room seemed clean. We were supposed to have a non-smoking room but when the heat came on there was an unmistakable smell of cigarette smoke. The corridor outside our room also smelled strongly of smoke. When it came time to check out no one could be found. The man ahead of me had to go find someone to check us all out. (By this time three of us were waiting to leave.) Evidently, the front desk person was also having to serve the breakfast so was in a hurry to get rid of us all. We were disappointed with our stay and would try the other nearby La Quinta next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family