“Great food, even greater service”
Review of Cafe A Go Go

Cafe A Go Go
Ranked #54 of 382 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Asian, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Don't let our name shy you away. Our culinary team has such a passion for great food. It brings us pride and satisfaction to provide a great dining experience. We are a small local bistro with an eclectic menu. All items are made fresh to order with fresh cut vegetables. Known for hand-crafted specialty burgers, the restaurant strives for "farm-to-table" freshness by using ingredients such as grass-fed hormone free beef provided by a local rancher, locally baked buns and produce from county farms. "There is a major difference in the intensity of the flavor- nothing like it!" Come try us.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a small friendly café with delicious food. Our server, Tierza, was probably one of the happiest servers ever. She has to rank in the top 5 servers of all time. The entire staff seemed very friendly - we received a nod and smile from the chef who was visiting with people at the next table. The lady at the register came over and greeted us as well. My husband's first choice is seldom Asian food, but he devoured his sweet and sour shrimp bowl. We appreciated the brown rice option, and I was grateful for lots of vegetables with my shrimp. Friendly atmosphere, excellent service, tasty food...we will definitely be returning!

2  Thank A B

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Saturday lunch at Cafe a Go Go is always nice. We have become creatures of habit and normally get salads or burgers and today was no different.

The Chinese Chicken salad is always enjoyable. The ½ pound burger on chiabatta bread is always a good choice.

Service is very attentive, but today, just a bit pushy trying to upwell the appetizers. Please learn that 'no thank you' is pretty definitive.

Always a pleasure to come in and we will definitely return.

1  Thank oldnavy2001
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I expected a new and unusual taste when I ordered my sweet & sour chicken. I was not impressed.As a fusion style restaurant, I expected something exotic and interesting. It didn't taste special nor did it approach traditional sweet and sour chicken. Maybe my taste buds were off today but without the great taste and the pricey amount for this bowl of food, I had to score them lower. They have everything else you would want in a restaurant including great decor, cleanliness, soft and soothing music and over the top wait staff. All of the ingredients were incredibly fresh which is so unusual. All I needed was great flavor...or any flavor at all
A side note, one of the other waiters asked me how my meal was and I said "just ok but I expected so much more." If anything, I thought this would induce a conversation with the chef as she had time. He suggested I order something more spicy next time.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were looking for a light dinner and found the perfect fit at Cafe A Go Go. We found two terrific salads, shrimp with a Thai peanut dressing and Atlantic salmon with a sesame dressing. Both were served on a bed of greens and artfully presented. Dressing was on the side so we could decide how much we wanted. We shared a lemon tart, nice and small and the perfect finish to our dinners.

2  Thank KingfishinWI
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I always frequent this place at least once a week. My favorite dish is the honey chicken, green chile wonton soup and of course the boba tea. They do serve desserts as well. The menu varies from salads, soups, asian/rice bowls and american cuisine. Therefore, you have a variety to chose from to satisfy your cravings. The place is comfortable and pleasant.The owners Kathy and Jose are just wonderful hardworking people. They make their patrons feel at home. The staff are courteous and professional.If you're a visitor or a native to Las Cruces,try heading out to Cafe A Go GO. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank GKirton