“Great quality find with great quality ingredients.”
Review of Cafe A Go Go

Cafe A Go Go
Ranked #50 of 380 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Asian, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Don't let our name shy you away. Our culinary team has such a passion for great food. It brings us pride and satisfaction to provide a great dining experience. We are a small local bistro with an eclectic menu. All items are made fresh to order with fresh cut vegetables. Known for hand-crafted specialty burgers, the restaurant strives for "farm-to-table" freshness by using ingredients such as grass-fed hormone free beef provided by a local rancher, locally baked buns and produce from county farms. "There is a major difference in the intensity of the flavor- nothing like it!" Come try us.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great quality find with great quality ingredients.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I really like Cafe A Go Go. The ingredients are very good and fresh. The stuffed hamburgers are great, especially the one with the caramelized pineapple! The Asian Bowls are packed full of quality ingredients but lack a the Asian flavor punch. For times out of five the side salad has been a really nice size. Last night it was half our two-thirds of it's usual success. All the salads are very presentable and look artistic in their presentation. It would be great if the salads had a greater proportion of romaine lettuce our better. It seems they are mostly composed of Iceberg lettuce. I certainly recommend trying their stuffed burgers, they are very good. The staff it's very friendly. When it gets busy the service becomes less efficient and the wait increases.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank RazorUte

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“"love the food here"”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've been here several times, and I've found the food to be consistently delightful. I particularly enjoy the Southwest Shrimp Lo Mein and the Yake Mein (Fresh Noodle) soup. The prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere is casual. It gets a little busy at the normal lunch hour so I would recommend you avoid that. Enjoy

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank TomWarren
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Watch your bill at the end!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here based on TA high ranking-tourists passing through. Food was well-prepared, though the chicken kung pow was way too spicy hot for my taste . The fresh noodle soup was wonderful. Coffee was excellent. But we got a check at the end that was $18 over our order! No apologies offered. Had to request water twice before being served. Servers (unwittingly ?) are not providing a welcoming atmosphere. Too bad because the food served was high quality.

Summerfield, Florida
“Good food, warm ambiance, and excellent service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've had breakfast and lunch here on several occasions this past year, and enjoyed it every time. The food is fresh, beautifully presented, and reasonably priced. The service is excellent and the the ambiance is warm and friendly. The Asian bowls are especially attractive.

I live in Florida, and visit Las Cruses for medical reasons, so I am not a regular customer. The owner never fails to say hello, even though I am an infrequent visitor, and is always very accommodating to my needs and those of my friends.

Nancy S.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nancy S
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Not Quite Very Good”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We ate here for the first time recently - did lunch. The space has been a couple of different restaurants over the years so we thought we would see what a place featuring Asian rice bowls would be like. In fact, because of the bowls, I avoided the wraps, sandwiches, and burgers on the menu. That was probably a mistake.
I ordered a rice bowl featuring chicken and pineapple. I received a large bowl with an appropriate dollop of rice on one side. In looking through the contents there was a nice selections of vegetables - broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, water chestnuts, etc. There were also lots of nice chunks of chicken. Basically, it looked like the ideal healthy lunch, the kind my wife would prefer I eat.
The problem was that the only real taste in this mixture was the occasional pineapple piece. It looks like the chicken was boiled to cook it so not much taste there afterward. Also, the vegetables tasted as if they were just boiled as well. This dish, except for the few pineapple bits, had not pop, no zip, no nothing. I yearned to pour soy sauce all over it.
I wanted to give the place a fourth star because it could have been so good, so healthy but they seem to have lost all the seasonings you can use in Oriental cooking.
My wife, on the other hand, was delighted with her chicken tortilla soup w/green chile. Lots of good flavors and well prepared.

• Visited January 2013