“BEST HIX I've EVER STAYED IN”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Staff was great, rooms were clean with all amenities available. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank spatel7424
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed here for three days the third weekend in April. The hotel is new and everything is in great shape. Enjoyed the breakfast, especially the pancake machine. We were able to bring our dog which was one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. The only complaint I had was that the indoor pool water temperature could have been warmer. It would have been nice if they would have built this hotel with a feature that would allow the pool area to be open during the warm months, as Las Cruces weather is beautiful. There is an area which appears to be used for outdoor patio tables next to the pool, but it was empty. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I picked this hotel because it was new and had good reviews. We were supposed to have a 2 bed suite on a corner. We have to have a non-smoking room and no pet room due to severe asthma. When we walked into the room, it was on the second floor, on the front of hotel, and not on a corner. The room was tiny! After looking at the room, we found dog or cat hair on the carpeting, and a large carpet stain of something beside the bed. It looked like the room had not been vacuumed in a while. Went downstairs to report what we found and request a different room, but they had nothing else available. No apology, no refund, no nothing. Room was hot, beds uncomfortable, and it was noisy. Very disappointing and so much for being one of their Preferred, Priority Customers!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear 1966gmc

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here from April 5-10, 2012, and it was perfect! I have horrific allergies to a myriad of things, so I called before hand and spoke with Alex. She was absolutely the most sincere person I have ever spoken with at a hotel. We went through all the things I was allergic to (like no smoking, no feathers, stuff like that) and she went over some "above and beyond" things they could do to make sure our stay was perfect. And even more than that, she did not laugh at me and she did not speak to me as if she was bothered by my questions, like I had experienced before when I stayed at other establishments in the past.

The breakfast was plenty and if anyone thinks it is not, they are crazy. There is a great assortment for everyone's tastes. And the hours are nice, too. They have earlier hours if you need to get out and about and it stays open a bit later in the morning in case you want to sleep in.

The room was cleaner than I have ever seen in a chain hotel. The shower was clean with not one water spot or hair from another guest. (By the way, the shower was huge and had glass shower doors-I loved that because then the shower curtain doesn't stick to your legs!) There was no dust or dust bunnies anywhere. The A/C unit did not stink and it did not make a noise, other than the blowing air. And even underneath the bed was immaculate. The coffee maker looked brand new with no stains in it at all. And there were no funky smells at all, that you come to expect from hotels.

The staff was so friendly, everyone always spoke or smiled. I got into several great conversations with the different staff people. (I apologize that I did not get your names.) And they were very helpful with planning our days when we needed advice or direction help. I believe his name was Trooper, the young gentleman at the front desk...you guys have a gem in him. Every night when we came in, he was there with a smile and a sincere inquiry about what fun things we had done during the day. And it helped that he had amazing cookies for us at the end of the day, too!

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It was sparkling clean-applause to your housekeeping and maintenance. It was quiet and peaceful-applause to the builder for putting enough insulation between the walls so I did not hear the person in the room next to us. It was in a great location, convenient to the interstate, which we could not hear, either. It was decorated beautifully-applause to your decorator-we loved the chandelier in the breakfast room and the colors in the actual guest room. And it was even nicer because of Alex and Trooper-thank you for a job well done and knowing how to make travelers feel relaxed and treated well. Thank you for a great vacation, we will 100% be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TransAmLover
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to share your comments with the Alex, Trooper and the rest of the staff. They work very hard to ensure all our guests have the same experience you did. We look forward to your next stay with us! See you soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

The staff I dealt with, ketchup and Bam Bam where both friendly and enthusiastic last trip. For my upcoming trip, I had to make reservations directly to the motel by phone and did it with ease. just a top notch staff.

My only complaint is that the fitness center is sparse and not very useful. Why do motels bother with those darn weight stack machines when a pullup and dip bar serves the purpose better???

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to share your comments with the Ketchup, Bam Bam. We look forward to your next stay with us! I have also shared your comments about the fitness center with the owners for future reference.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while on a desert hiking trip. Even though we have been at numerous Holiday Inn Express Hotels throughout the country, we were pleasantly impressed by this one. It had all of the usual amenities of other Holiday Inns, but the hotel was better maintained; the staff was much friendlier, and the breakfast was hot and fresh.
We couldn't have asked for a better location. We never had to get on the Interstates to access restaurants, shopping, and even our hiking trails. As we drove down Telshor Avenue, we saw every type of eating establishment one could desire. People who are not familiar with Las Cruces will appreciate that they do not have to drive all over town in order to find a Chiles, Olive Garden, Cattle Baron, Applebees, numerous Mexican restaurants, and a Red Lobster.
When we return for more hiking, we will definitely stay there again.
One more bonus: the hotel is very pet friendly and will accommodate any size animal for a nominal fee.

Room Tip: We asked for a corner room, which was very quiet, close to the stairs and away from the more populat...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you next year for your desert hike. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff! Thank You!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel is brand new and is located beside the Marriott Town-place Suites. Being new, the building is in very good shape and the room furniture is quite comfortable. I spent two weeks there while working just outside of Las Cruces and the stay was pleasant. Like with other Holiday Inn Expresses, a flat screen TV, a small refrigerator and a microwave are in each room.

Okay, the pros: 1) Very comfortable for stays of short to medium lengths. If I was to be in Las Cruces more than a few weeks I would perhaps look elsewhere. 2) Free breakfast (the cinnamon buns are good and hot and they offer sausage gravy and biscuits each morning, along with eggs and assorted cold items). 3) The staff is very helpful and always friendly.

The cons: 1) The lighting situation in the hallways (the lights remain off and only come on when motion detectors pick up movement ... while I am sure this saves quite a bit of money, it seems a little too much like being in an episode of The Walking Dead for my tastes). 2) There are no other obvious cons.

So there you have it. All in all a pleasant place to stay for days or even a couple of weeks at a time. Will I go there again? Absolutely.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business