“Yummy”
Review of Pho Saigon

Pho Saigon
Ranked #106 of 383 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Description: Pho Saigo Vietnamese Cuisine uses only the freshest and highest quality ingredients in all of our entrees. We offer delicious, naturally flavored, low-calorie soups, that are affordable and appetizing. With many choices of meat and sea food,we can accomodate anyone, our foods are always presented in a quick, courteous and professional manor.We look forward to serving you.
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, United States
“Yummy”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Large selection with great variety, however many items are not always available. 2 can dine for $20-$30. Good quality, delicious, fresh food and great service. Lovely atmosphere.

Visited February 2013

Deming, New Mexico
“Fresh food well presented”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Pho Saigon was a pleasant surprise for lunch. I ordered the Lemongrass Chicken, not knowing what to expect. A generous serving was served in a large bowl. The seasoning was just right, the bean sprouts were crispy, and the vermicelli was not overcooked. There was also fresh salad on one side of the bowl. The jasmine teas was very fragant and plentiful. The service wasn't great, but I do not mind being left alone if the food is good. No one rushed me, but on the other hand, no one offered desert either. Overall, the restaurant was clean, and I will go again to try other things.

• Visited January 2013
“Try the crepe”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We are very lucky to have this restaurant in town. The Vietnamese crepe, they call it a pancake, is out of this world. It is crispy and full of delicious shrimp, pork, and bean sprouts. It is served with fresh lettuce, carrots, and mint on the side. I tried the curry chicken and it was good, but I think next time we go there I will order the chicken pho again. The service is friendly and efficient. The prices may be a buck or so more than some other similar restaurants.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“decent food, extremely rude service”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

People who live in Las Cruces seem to accept extremely unprofessional behavior from the folks providing goods and services for them. It is after all the norm in this town. But I am on a quest to find the places that do still care about delivering good service, as well as good food.

I didn’t want to write this restaurant off. There are 3 or 4 guys who always seem to work the place, their English is poor, and they often come off as rude. The one who usually waits tables tries to make jokes that also usually come off a rude. The guy with the best English seem to always work the register, when he’s present, when they could use him waiting tables, unless he has proven too rude himself in the past. I have always chalked this rudeness up to the lack of English skills, cultural differences, etc. and given them the benefit of doubt. But tonight they crossed a line.

The guy who brings water has always simply ignored my attempts to be polite. I thank him for the water, he ignores me. Fair enough. Tonight he made an effort, and was able to ask if I was drinking Dr. Pepper, and to understand when I said yes, and to bring me a refill. So he seemed to be trying tonight to be civil, and he demonstrated that he can hear, and can communicate the simple stuff when he wants to.

This woman I don’t normally see brought the bill to my table. The place was not at all full, but I did get a vibe of her trying to chase me out of there. I wrote it off as a mistaken impression. Then just a few minutes later, the water guy came to my table, and reached for my bowl of pho. I told him “I’m still working on that”. He didn’t even look at me. He picked up my napkins from the table, and tossed them into my bowl. I said ”Did you really just do that”? He still didn’t even raise his eyes, or make any effort to respond, understand, nothing.

I told the woman what had happened. She acted slightly alarmed, but just said that she would tell him. She did. But she didn't apologize, or offer to do anything to make it right.

When I went to the counter to pay, I told her I was not happy with the experience. She apologized at that point. I told her that I didn’t want to pay for the entirety of my meal, as I was not done when my food was taken away. She offered to take off 10%, a whole $1.50. I suggested that I pay 2/3 of the meal. She agreed reluctantly, saying that she would deduct it from the water guy’s pay.

I tried to explain to her that I hadn’t come there to give them any trouble, but that I couldn’t just accept how I had been treated. She continued to act like I was actually the problem. A professional restaurant would have made sure that it was clear that what happened was their fault, unacceptable, that they valued my business, and would make every effort to insure that it didn’t happen again. This woman acted like I was just a problem for her. No one else made any effort to give a different impression.

The food isn’t bad, and you won’t find much Vietnamese food in the area. There seem to be plenty of other reviews that will tell you what is wrong with the food. But I would suggest that you avoid Pho Saigon, unless you have a very high tolerance for unprofessional service and behavior, and rude treatment.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Toddg33
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Spoiled by "real" vietnamese”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Las Cruces is lucky to have a Vietnamese restaurant, but unfortunately, not this one. The fare is expensive, and what you get is not what you would get at a good restaurant in other cities. Granted, I did not order the "pho" but I did have a green papaya salad, which lacked crunch, bite, and proportion.

Visited March 2012