“All Presentation, No Substance”

The Pecan Grill and Brewery
Ranked #28 of 382 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Pecan Grill, we offer an extensive variety of unique micro-brews, wide wine selection, in-house cocktails, and Southern New Mexico inspired cuisine. Enjoy our upscale bar and dining room, casual taproom and gorgeously manicured patio.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I decided to try this place as it looked very good from the outside and claimed to be a local brewery, which it is although its brewery is at another site. The beer selection is good and delicious and would certainly recommend this place for the drinks but the food is very sub par and only acceptable after you have had a sufficient amount of their drink. I ordered the chicken and rib with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The mashed potatoes were served cold so they would have had to be sitting for quite a while as potatoes retain heat quite well. The asparagus was under cooked to my liking and were still crisp. The chicken was fine. The worst part of the meal was the ribs which were served burnt. The sauce was quite good but as soon as I took a bite tasted like charcoal. When I turned them over the bottom was black and burnt and easy to see so the kitchen staff would have seen this and still considered it acceptable to serve to a customer, which is completely unacceptable at any restaurant to have that type of service culture, especially one that is charging you more for the atmosphere and attempting to be a higher quality establishment. Won't return for the food but would consider it for the beer selection.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We went on a Friday night. It was busy, but we got in. My boyfriend had the green chili chicken ($19) and I had the Fish Tacos ($14). The prices seemed reasonable to us. The green chili is some of the best we've EVER tasted! I don't know why it's better in southern NM than in Albuquerque, but it sure seems to be. We each had a "beer flight". You can have light or dark and you get 6 samples for $5. The Pecan Beer, an amber, is outstanding. Other beers are Las Cruces lager, Abbey ale, Aggie amber, Nut Brown ale (which was more of a chocolate coffee beer) and Desert Stout- which is more dense than Guiness! Next time we're in Las Cruces, we'll be at De la Vega's!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

While traveling to New Mexico we stopped at Las Cruces for a couple of days on our way to the balloon festival in Albuquerque. We decided to give the Pecan Grill a try first time eating there I got Fish and Chips and my husband got the rib eye steak. The food tasted great to us and the serve was good next time we come to visit we will eat there again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have been at least 10 times now. A little pricey and prententious. Drinks are OK. Brew is OK(do they really brew it there or is it contracted from Sierra Blanca). Patio would be nice except it overlooks one of the busiest intersections in Las Cruces. Food is fair at best. Some items OK, some pretty bad.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Located in a mall about five miles from the Days Inn it was highly rated in the triple A guidebook. Unfortunately it didn't come close to it's ratings. It's gimmick is cooking over pecan wood. Frankly food tastes better done over hickory or mesquite. I admit that's personal taste but don't expect exception food at this pricy place.