“Overpriced for mediocre food”

The Pecan Grill and Brewery
Ranked #23 of 382 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Pecan Grill, we offer an extensive variety of unique micro-brews, wide wine selection, in-house cocktails, and Southern New Mexico inspired cuisine. Enjoy our upscale bar and dining room, casual taproom and gorgeously manicured patio.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Located in a mall about five miles from the Days Inn it was highly rated in the triple A guidebook. Unfortunately it didn't come close to it's ratings. It's gimmick is cooking over pecan wood. Frankly food tastes better done over hickory or mesquite. I admit that's personal taste but don't expect exception food at this pricy place.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food is poor at best, Onion Soup tasted like right out of a can and watered down. The service is terrible don't think they ever worked at any place but fast food places. Customer Service is not close to what they have a bunch of kids running the place. My son was here from Chicago and he thought the place was a joke. The entree was served cold and had no taste. Don't waste your time or money.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Service and food are average. The front room is a dark hole. Just not my kind of place. I will say this: I was served my last meal there missing the main ingredient about which the server said nothing. I inquired. She had no idea and went off to talk to someone. The chef appeared at my table, apologized and offered me a replacement item which I accepted. The dish was good and I appreciated the chef's care.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

How could you go to this restaurant and not get pecans or green chile? The menu is full with selections of each and some with both! We started with a sampler of microbrews. The green chile and pecan beers were unique and tasty, but one is all I would care to enjoy. Next came the pecan encrusted stuffed green chiles, very yummy, but a tad dry from the pecans.We had a nice selection of entrees from steak and lobster to chicken green chile cheese lasagna. All were nicely prepared and delicious. A birthday brought free dessert for one of us and we all dug in. The wait staff were superb and attended to all all requests with aplomb. Price for the whole dinner was a bit on the high side for us, but very reasonable for such a nice meal and experience. We would definitely return.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

They have their own craft beers. Try the stout. The pecan beer is too sweet for my taste. The fondue or green chile stew and sushi style tuna are the best.