Hotel Mesilla
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces(Las Cruces)
Coachlight Inn(Las Cruces)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Some friends recommended that we visit Mesilla on our way to White Sands and I am so glad that they did! We would never have found Meson de Mesilla otherwise because I had only looked up lodging in Las Cruces and Alamagordo prior to their recommendation. The property is lit all around with warm little lamp-lights, which gives it a quaint, romantic feel as you drive up. The rooms are small but very nicely appointed, with comfortable beds and nice furniture. The location is convenient too, just a few blocks down from historic Mesilla but also just a few minutes from grocery stores and shopping centers. It does cost a little bit more than other accommodations in the area, but completely worth it if you value ambiance and comfort- a touch of luxury in an area otherwise full of chain motels!

Room Tip: See if you can get a room upstairs, with outdoor seating just outside-- if not there's a wraparound balcony anyway, and an outdoor bar/patio upstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this excellent hotel in April 2008 and again July 2012. We enjoyed both times. Changes had been made between our two visits; bar,restaurant and prices and I think to the better. The hotel, atmosphere, entertainment, and food was exceptional. I give it a # 10. We got to know the owner Cali and so enjoyed her music and her out going personality. Thanks Cali and staff for such a nice couple of days. We will be back!
Jodi and Jim
East Texas

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAR83
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went in on Valentine's Day and received superb service. Very pleasant, romantic ambiance throughout the restaurant.
Food was cooked to perfection, just as we ordered.
I highly recommend the nosh appetizer plate. It is great for small groups to munch on while waiting for the main course.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Timothy_James23
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We live in El Paso TX and were looking for a one night getaway other than AZ, T or C or ABQ and found out this B and B had re-opened about 2 years ago.
Excellent and highly recommend Meson. There is a bar and restaurant, rooftop bar (weather permitting) extremely quaint and quiet. Friendly staff. Had Italian dinner in the restaurant, delicious, as well as the champagne brunch the following morning.
If you have not visited for a while, you are in for a treat!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite perfect for couples. Also has fireplace.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rosy1961
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Small rooms crammed with large furnishings. Stylish in the "boutique" manner, bed frame is too large and sharp edged for the size of the room. I'm a small person and kept stubbing my shins and toes on the feet & side trim of the bed frame.

Second story rooms may be directly adjacent to the open air bar, SO NOISE IS AN ISSUE. The house band was an off key, "one person band" poor selection of country & pop standards. I had to listen because of the location of my room.

The balcony/bar side door cannot be locked behind you if you thought it would be handy to be adjacent to the bar. You have to walk door stairs to the lobby, exit the building then climb they exterior stairs to get to the bar/deck ( that is actually adjacent to your room).

The mattress and linens are quality. The bed surface is so high as too be difficult to reach for infirm or less mobile travellers.

The interior walls of the hotel are finished in an exquisite venetian plaster, which though beautiful can be easily damaged. Had to laugh when checking in, they have you sign an agreement to pay minimum of $200 (or was it $250?) for any damage possibly done to the plaster.

No breakfast snack, fruit, cereal or pastry offered. They did have a pump dispenser of regular brew coffee with white sugar or sweet & low.

Wi-fi was included in room price, but ran very slowly. Would not have worked out for me if this were a regular business trip. Few local channels and no directory to select tv channels.

POOR Value at $100/night. I checked in at 9pm and couldn't negotiate a price break with clerk (who said he had no authority to give price break for late hour, AARP, AAA etc. ) Place was not fully booked wednesday, non-holiday and not yet summer ( early May). I wouldn't have stayed but for being so tired of a long drive that day.

Room Tip: Lots of other options in the same immediate area-TRY THEM. I had spoken to a VRBO host (who didn't have vacancy for my date) who recommended this place. Wow, I don't know that I would trust her listing either after seeing the big difference in reality and her description.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo