“Unsanitary; this place has lost me...”
Review of Delicias del Mar

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Mexican Seafood
Description: Mexican Seafood
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Unsanitary; this place has lost me...”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I used to love Delicias, especially for their amazing Tacos a la Mexicana but the last time I went there, the servers were also doubling as bathroom cleaning help. Our server took a great deal of time to come over and take our order, after which time we received our chips and salsa from the same person.

Later I went to the restroom to wash my hands, only to find the same server cleaning the toilet in the men's room. After returning to my table, the same server brought us our food. This seemed to me to be a staggeringly bad idea and really hurt our enjoyment of the meal.

Top this off; they assured us that they did not include flour in these tacos as my companion has celiac disease. Sure enough, they dredge the fillets in flour before preparing them.

I've written this place off my list, sadly.

• Visited February 2013

“Gigantic food plates.......Yummy”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Wow the plates are huge they're not plates they're platters very good portions. We actually got full before our meal came out with the delicious caldo de rez and chips and salsa. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013
“GET SOME SEAFOOD”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Needed a seafood fix, so tried here. Had the fish papillote. Good but could have used a little more seasoning. Also had shrimp with vegetables. Shrimp were done just right. All were served with fish soup (very little fish in it), lettuce (needed some dressing), white rice and mashed potatoes (lukewarm at best). You must try the Tres Leches cake-- that was out of this world! Service was OK- sat with dirty dishes on the table for quite a long time. A good place to have fish in Las Cruces since there are not many other places.

• Visited May 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Excellent sea food Mexican style”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The Mexican sea food is excellent very fresh and tasty. They also sell traditional Mexican food. Their free soup (caldo) that accompanies every meal is delicious. My favorite is the fish soup.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Large portions, great soup, surprisingly good seafood”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place is medium-expensive, but worth it. The service is super fast and accurate. The seafood and non-seafood dishes were both excellent. Our only complaint would be that they should heat up the plates first, because the mashed potatoes, rice and beans were (while delicious) all kind of lukewarm. They have more than one type of soup -- the ones we had were fabulous. I think there must have been 8 to 10 oz. of fish in mine. It comes with most meals. The salsas which also come with your meal are also fantastic -- not too spicy. I highly recommend this place. My shrimp dish was definitely not overcooked; it was just right (and they de-veined the shrimp, unlike most other LC restaurants).

• Visited November 2012