“expectations not met”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Ottsville, United States
“expectations not met”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

One of the reasons we choose The Hilton Garden Inn was because of the amenities they offer. We were disappointed to find out after we got there that the pool area was closed off due to a large function they were having which had put a damper on our stay due this was a main reason for selecting Hilton Garden Inn. As well the front desk person had made a comment about how their chef always brings out freshly baked cookies throughout the day and at no point during our stay did we see that happen, not a big deal to me but it was to my children, they should not set expectations that the cannot deliver on. Was disappointed that for $139/night we were not able to use certain facilities that I believe I paid for in my rate.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve.Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel has friendly and helpful staff and the rooms are great. I would recommend to anyone staying in Las Cruces that they stay here. Value & pricing is incredible. The breakfast is amazing and includes making your own waffles.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The staff at breakfast was so friendly. They would tell me to have a great day every morning. It is a nice way to start off your day with such positivity. Everything else was good, nothing special. Hotel was clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn PHD on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you had such a lovely stay with us. We also think our breakfast is great! We look forward to welcoming you back.
Vail, Arizona
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden in Las Cruces for a 3 day business trip. The physical plant is quite well kept. We used a suite with an in room spa. The working area was large with the suite itself seemingly 400 to 500 square feet. The hotel location is at the intersection of I-25 and is within a mile or so of the university compound. This is also convenient to NM Highway 70 which is the entry path to WSMR, (White Sands Missile Range), White Sands National Monument, and Alamogordo NM.

Staff were all great, some outstanding. The in house restaurant and room service meals were good to excellent.

Front desk staff in particular were professional but friendly and quite knowledgeable of the local area.

Bottom line: Great place, friendly stall and no hassles.

Room Tip: Rooms facink the on ramp to I-25 will have some vehicle noise. 4th floor rooms seem to have newer if...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn PHD on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you had such a lovely stay with us. We also think our Americant Grill is GREAT! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn (Las Cruces, NM) are simply the best! From the moment I check in, I always feel as though I am being welcomed by family. The facility is consistently spotlessly clean and everything works the way it should. As leaders of the HGI, Lisa and Carol set the tone for their Team--they always make sure my stay is perfect....and it always is PERFECT.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn 10-15 times and keep going back. The staff is always smiling and willing to help, The coffee is always hot and free. There are warm cookies every evening. The food cooked in house isn't all that bad either. The location is right next door to a gas station/mini mart so you can get anything you need to help with your stay. I rescently cancelled a night with them and had forgotten to get the cancellation number and ended up getting charged for the night. I called and spoke with the GM and she removed the charge, no questions asked. Always a great experience.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the first floor as the rooms have higher ceilings
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn PHD on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you had such a lovely stay with us. We realize that you have a choice when booking a guest room in our area and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Sadly this is not the same hotel it was a year ago when I stayed here. Don’t get me wrong, it is one of the three best hotels in the city as far as I know. The building is spacious, elegant in a relaxed South West way and immaculate. The human factor seems to have disappeared. We were treated to a fire alarm testing which lasted 2 or more hours and blasted every room repeatedly. These are essential but because the hotel never bothered to warn the guests, I lost two customers I could have rescheduled or seen elsewhere had I known. They didn’t seem to have warned the staff either as no one knew how long this would go on, that the fire doors in each corridor automatically close and lock when the alarm goes off and what to do to get me back to my room. There is now an impersonal, tired quality to the staff which certainly was not there last time. A few exceptions, of course which make things nice. People like Aaron and Dakota in the dining room, John on desk and a few others provided a spark of joy and a sense they were happy to be there.... Would I stay here again? I’m not sure. There is a wonderful Hampton Inn and Suites across town. It is less convenient but very nice and when I checked in my son, they were pleasant and gracious. I really don’t know.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We had a scheduled fire check and our letters failed to go out to our guests the night before. I'm so sorry that we failed you in this communication. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.