“Beautiful Property, Friendly Staff!”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Beautiful Property, Friendly Staff!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 day visit to this property. I was here to attend meetings at NMSU which was just on the other side of the interstate from the hotel. I also found it convenient to have a 24 hour gas station/convenience with a Subway restaurant just across the parking lot. There weren't other restaurants within walking distance, but lots of options with just a short drive.

In many ways this is a typical top-notch Hilton Garden Inn, with one exceptional exception:
the outdoor pool area was stunningly beautiful, and I insist that if you stay here you must take a dip in the hot tub or at LEAST go down and sit by the gorgeous and gigantic fire place. It really was inspired and made me feel like I was at a resort.

I am very sound sensitive, and I was able to hear people in rooms on either side of me; in once case there was a door connecting the adjoining rooms and that allowed the sound of the television next door to easily permeate the living area of my room. I received a kind apology from the front desk manager, and I will definitely stay at this property again and request a room without a connecting door to see if my sound issues were just a one-time problem.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms on the east side have an excellent view of the Organ Mountains which are stunning...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn for your recent stay in Las Cruces. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

Have a wonderful Thankgiving! We look forward on seeing you in the future.

Warm Regards,

Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel room was clean. Quiet at night. (I was on the 2nd floor). The staff were friendly, helpful. Breakfast should be set up a little differently. It was good but you had no way of knowing the price. It was different each morning which was a little frustrating. You have to have your room key to get outside to the pool area also. I understand why but as a guest, it was quite frustrating. I can see using your key to get inside the property but not to get outside. Other than these small items, the stay was pleasant.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Las cruces and for your feedback.

The team is our strenght. Your feedback encourages us to strive harder to achieve newer hieghts of excellence.

We hope you will return soon and give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Warm Regards,

Lisa Ripley-Prescott
kerrville
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We asked for a quiet room on the top floor. When we arrived, they tried to put us on the 3rd floor; we insisted upon the 4th. Also, the room they put us in was adjoining another one and the door in between did not keep out our next door neighbor's noises at all. It was not a very restful night and we would never choose this place again. We had stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn in Meridian Mississippi last year which was EXCELLENT in every way; this was not the same quality as that place at all. Even breakfast the next morning was not as good. Won't return because we did not like this part of New Mexico anyway.

Room Tip: INSIST on a room that has no adjoining door to another room, IF they even have those at this place.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
COCOA
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I'm a repeat visitor. Beyond its very helpful staff and a very accessible general manager, this hotel is clean, modern and has a great SW style. There is a poolside fire pit, exercise room and laundry room. If you're an Honors member, the cooked to order breakfast is complimentary. There isn't anything within walking distance, but the exit 1 mi. up the road has restaurants and shopping. You won't be disappointed here.

• Stayed October 2012
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the HGI in Las Cruces on business recently. What a great place and super helpful staff. Facility was immaculate and tastefully decorated. Location was superb to MM State and to White Sands. I will stay there again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Santa Fe
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My family and I traveled to Las Cruces for a wedding. We stayed 2 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in Las Cruces, NM and would highly recommend this hotel. It is located next to the University and interstate, but far enough away to be nice and quiet. Nice pool area and seating. The service and staff are great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tarkington
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The decor of this hotel is beautiful. It has the "Southwest" look and feel. Every area of the hotel is clean and well maintained.
I enjoyed the pool. It was big and warm. The only issue I had with the pool, was that it had a bit more bugs and plant debris on the surface than I would have liked. This was a very minor issue, but none the less, it could have used a "skimming".
The dinner and breakfast I had were both good. The dinner menu was not large, but the fajitas I ordered were very good. I sat at the bar for dinner and the bartender was very friendly.
The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. I needed to purchase a belt, and the woman pointed me to the Western store at the mall up the street. She was right-on in her driving directions and recommendation that the store would be able to help me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business