“Great stay in Las Cruces” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces

Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Santa Fe
“Great stay in Las Cruces”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

My family and I traveled to Las Cruces for a wedding. We stayed 2 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in Las Cruces, NM and would highly recommend this hotel. It is located next to the University and interstate, but far enough away to be nice and quiet. Nice pool area and seating. The service and staff are great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tarkington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bucks County, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

The decor of this hotel is beautiful. It has the "Southwest" look and feel. Every area of the hotel is clean and well maintained.
I enjoyed the pool. It was big and warm. The only issue I had with the pool, was that it had a bit more bugs and plant debris on the surface than I would have liked. This was a very minor issue, but none the less, it could have used a "skimming".
The dinner and breakfast I had were both good. The dinner menu was not large, but the fajitas I ordered were very good. I sat at the bar for dinner and the bartender was very friendly.
The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. I needed to purchase a belt, and the woman pointed me to the Western store at the mall up the street. She was right-on in her driving directions and recommendation that the store would be able to help me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I travel to Las Cruces several times per year on business and this was my first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Im a loyal Hilton Honors member and used to stay at the Hampton Inn in town. The HGI will be my hotel of choice from now on.
The service is impeccable. The hotel is clean and quiet. It has a great pool and jacuzzi area outside complete with towels in every lounger. The restaurant has a great breakfast at a great price and the rooms are new, clean and very comfortable.
You can't beat the location. Its right across I-25 from NMSU so it is perfect for alums coming back to visit too.
Could not have been more pleased with my stay

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are nice and spacious and give you a seperate living room and you have 2 flat scre...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Normally one doesn't expect to find a classy or charming hotel like this in the middle of a suburban area by the highway ... but this Hilton Garden Inn in Las Cruces is definitely a place built with taste and a certain charm, no matter how dry and uneventful the surroundings are. Both the lobby and the pool area are quite impressive. The lobby has beautiful old-Spanish-style furniture, iron floor lamps and chandeliers and a welcoming fountain outside by the entrance. All in all pretty and inviting and done with taste. The pool area is definitely nice, with a big enough pool to do swim laps and lots of chaise-longues and chairs to relax. The pool area also includes a beautiful fireplace and big couches around it. I can imagine that during the cooler months it must be awesome to relax out there in the cool desert evenings and warm up with the fire.

Two issues with had were with the air conditioning, it was noisy so it wasn't possible to use during the night and the bed was supposed to be special with individual settings and options but it didn't work at all. We made no effort to change this or complain, it ws OK for us.

The business center is great with really fast access to internet. The fitness center is huge, it could be a small city gym, that's how well equipped it it.

The free cookies in reception is something I really appreciate. It is a welcome message to all.

I wonder why Hilton doesn't offer free breakfast in the mornings. If they did I could say that the Garden Inns would be perfect hotels. Too bad they don't.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ervaan
TreyRich, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post feedback on Tripadvisor. Our staff is very delighted that we were able to accomodate your lodging needs. The issues that you had mentioned will certainly be looked into. You are correct in the aspect that you should have been able to adjust the softness or firmness of both sides of your bed. I do apologies but it sounds as though that this particular bed needs to be adjusted. Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention.

We do offer our complimentary breakfast to our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors Members. If you are not quite enrolled into the Hilton Honors and would like to do so I can quickly take care of this for you. We also have many great room packages that include breakfast.

Trey Rich
Front Office Manager
Hilton Garden Inn, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Trey.Rich@hilton.com
(575) 522-0900 ext. 512
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days while visiting Las Cruces. It is located near the hospital district. Very easy access to major highway and quick trips to downtown and shopping district. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. They immediately made us feel welcome. The room was very clean, spacious, fresh and inviting. The pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained with large luxurious towels at pool side. It was very hot in Las Cruces but the air conditioning in the room was very efficient and kept the room cold like my partner likes it. The hotel itself is lovely and well kept. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room removed from the elevator on the 3rd floor. Excellent location away from the no...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post a comment on tripadvisor. The positive response is greatly appreciated and will be shated with our staff. If I or any member of my staff can be of any assistance for any future stays in Las Cruces, please feel free to call or e-mail our hotel, we look forward to being of service again.

Trey Rich
Front Office Manager
Hilton Garden Inn, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Trey.Rich@hilton.com
(575) 522-0900 ext. 512
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

With the exception of one (Colorado Springs), we have always had good experiences at the Hilton Garden Inn. With that said, the HGI in Las Cruces is the nicest one we have ever stayed at!

The property is beautiful--definitely not a cookie cutter hotel. The entire place looks like a Spanish villa--inside and out. Though we didn't get to use it, I noticed that there was a very nice built in pool in an outdoor courtyard.

We checked in late at night, and the clerk helping us was extremely friendly. When we mentioned that we would be visiting White Sands National Monument the next day, he gave us two saucers (for "sledding") so that we wouldn't have to purchase them at the park.

The room was spacious and clean, and had all of the amenities typical of a HGI: microwave, fridge, free coffee, etc. There was also a laundry room located on the first floor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

The only complaint I have about my stay at this hotel is that I wasn't smart enough to figure out the jacuzzi tub in my room. The staff was very friendly (Trey and Nick, I believe). Reasonably priced and conveniently located with comfortable accomodations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple