“Awesome Hotel in Las Cruces”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Texas
“Awesome Hotel in Las Cruces”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I travel to Las Cruces several times per year on business and this was my first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Im a loyal Hilton Honors member and used to stay at the Hampton Inn in town. The HGI will be my hotel of choice from now on.
The service is impeccable. The hotel is clean and quiet. It has a great pool and jacuzzi area outside complete with towels in every lounger. The restaurant has a great breakfast at a great price and the rooms are new, clean and very comfortable.
You can't beat the location. Its right across I-25 from NMSU so it is perfect for alums coming back to visit too.
Could not have been more pleased with my stay

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are nice and spacious and give you a seperate living room and you have 2 flat scre...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Barcelona
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Normally one doesn't expect to find a classy or charming hotel like this in the middle of a suburban area by the highway ... but this Hilton Garden Inn in Las Cruces is definitely a place built with taste and a certain charm, no matter how dry and uneventful the surroundings are. Both the lobby and the pool area are quite impressive. The lobby has beautiful old-Spanish-style furniture, iron floor lamps and chandeliers and a welcoming fountain outside by the entrance. All in all pretty and inviting and done with taste. The pool area is definitely nice, with a big enough pool to do swim laps and lots of chaise-longues and chairs to relax. The pool area also includes a beautiful fireplace and big couches around it. I can imagine that during the cooler months it must be awesome to relax out there in the cool desert evenings and warm up with the fire.

Two issues with had were with the air conditioning, it was noisy so it wasn't possible to use during the night and the bed was supposed to be special with individual settings and options but it didn't work at all. We made no effort to change this or complain, it ws OK for us.

The business center is great with really fast access to internet. The fitness center is huge, it could be a small city gym, that's how well equipped it it.

The free cookies in reception is something I really appreciate. It is a welcome message to all.

I wonder why Hilton doesn't offer free breakfast in the mornings. If they did I could say that the Garden Inns would be perfect hotels. Too bad they don't.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ervaan
TreyRich, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post feedback on Tripadvisor. Our staff is very delighted that we were able to accomodate your lodging needs. The issues that you had mentioned will certainly be looked into. You are correct in the aspect that you should have been able to adjust the softness or firmness of both sides of your bed. I do apologies but it sounds as though that this particular bed needs to be adjusted. Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention.

We do offer our complimentary breakfast to our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors Members. If you are not quite enrolled into the Hilton Honors and would like to do so I can quickly take care of this for you. We also have many great room packages that include breakfast.

Trey Rich
Front Office Manager
Hilton Garden Inn, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Trey.Rich@hilton.com
(575) 522-0900 ext. 512
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days while visiting Las Cruces. It is located near the hospital district. Very easy access to major highway and quick trips to downtown and shopping district. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. They immediately made us feel welcome. The room was very clean, spacious, fresh and inviting. The pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained with large luxurious towels at pool side. It was very hot in Las Cruces but the air conditioning in the room was very efficient and kept the room cold like my partner likes it. The hotel itself is lovely and well kept. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room removed from the elevator on the 3rd floor. Excellent location away from the no...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post a comment on tripadvisor. The positive response is greatly appreciated and will be shated with our staff. If I or any member of my staff can be of any assistance for any future stays in Las Cruces, please feel free to call or e-mail our hotel, we look forward to being of service again.

Trey Rich
Front Office Manager
Hilton Garden Inn, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Trey.Rich@hilton.com
(575) 522-0900 ext. 512
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 7, 2012

With the exception of one (Colorado Springs), we have always had good experiences at the Hilton Garden Inn. With that said, the HGI in Las Cruces is the nicest one we have ever stayed at!

The property is beautiful--definitely not a cookie cutter hotel. The entire place looks like a Spanish villa--inside and out. Though we didn't get to use it, I noticed that there was a very nice built in pool in an outdoor courtyard.

We checked in late at night, and the clerk helping us was extremely friendly. When we mentioned that we would be visiting White Sands National Monument the next day, he gave us two saucers (for "sledding") so that we wouldn't have to purchase them at the park.

The room was spacious and clean, and had all of the amenities typical of a HGI: microwave, fridge, free coffee, etc. There was also a laundry room located on the first floor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The only complaint I have about my stay at this hotel is that I wasn't smart enough to figure out the jacuzzi tub in my room. The staff was very friendly (Trey and Nick, I believe). Reasonably priced and conveniently located with comfortable accomodations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Easy access off the highway, across from the Memorial Hospital. From the moment we entered, it was clear the staff makes guests of this hotel its number one priority. Everyone was constantly asking if there was anything we needed... the attention to detail was really appreciated.

Loved the gorgeous decor, very nice lighting and hotel layout made me want to stay here for more than one night.

Of particular note was the pool area which is incredible for a hotel of this scale, and the exceptional breakfast and dinner dining area. At breakfast, they have an incredible assortment of toppings for waffles, including chocolate chips! The made to order omelet was top quality too. If this is rated anything less than a 4 star property, it's a mistake.

Also note that this location has the snooze control beds where you can choose the firmness of your mattress - which is pretty cool!

Hilton Garden Inn is now my favorite hotel brand for sure!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oxnard, California
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Conveniently located near New Mexico State, I10 and 25 and old town. Beauriful facilities, including great pool and Southwestern decor. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast (included with some packages) is excellent

• Stayed August 2012