“To die for!!!”

NM Grille & Bar
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tom, Jerean, and their son Christopher have teamed up to bring a new and exciting dining and lodging experience to Old Mesilla and the Mesilla Valley. The family has a rich history as the owners of the historic La Posta De La Mesilla, one of the oldest and most recognized restaurants in the southwest, dating back to 1939. With the acquisition of the Hacienda de Mesilla Grille, Inn & Cantina, the Hutchinsons believe visitors to Mesilla will enjoy the comfort and elegance of a stay in a southwestern Hacienda, while being just steps from enjoying the history and culture of Old Mesilla. The Hacienda Inn, Grille & Cantina is uniquely designed to offer an inviting, relaxed atmosphere where guests can enjoy a casual, yet elegant dining experience. Dine in our more formal Grille Room or in the casual atmosphere of the Hacienda Cantina indoors or outdoors, with spectacular views from the Cantina Terrace.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent Chef. Taste of Tuscany - Chicken Piccata in white sauce, garlic bread and Chicken Parmesan I highly recommend.
My Husband picked up the Pound Cake Panini in the evening to take to our room. When I first saw it, it didn't look appetizing, but what does in a styrofoam box? It is divine!
Champagne brunch Sunday....My Husband was itching to try the Chicken Pot Pastry.....he thoroughly enjoyed it. I tried the French Toast made with butter banana bread, never had anything like it.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Some girlfriends and I recently went out to Meson de Mesilla and we loved it! We had drinks and dinner on the rooftop patio. The service was very friendly and you could tell the servers liked working up there. I recommend the Jalapeno Pecan Chicken Salad; we all had it and it was great. The chef even said hello to us on our way out the door.

Looking at a lot of the other reviews here, they are old and some changes have been made I guess at the restaurant. The menu is delicious and reasonably priced, our servers when above and beyond and everything was quick. We are definitely going back soon.

1  Thank Gata G
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is not only one of the best restaurants in Las Cruces to eat at they also offer a reserved room for parties! We had the best rehearsal dinner there recently! Everyone raved over the food. The have it all Italian, Fish, Hamburgers and Sandwiches!! Our service was amazing!! We had 2-3 personal waiters for our group of 25, that were always there with whatever was needed. After dinner a group of us stayed and went onto the rooftop to listen to the owner sing. Very nice! This is an all around Classy yet comfortable place to go either for lunch or dinner or just to get a drink at their beautiful bar and rest for awhile.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband and I went here for drinks on the rooftop patio and stayed for dinner. What a nice evening! I usually dislike live music but rooftop bar is really nice and the singer is the owner of the property. She's very good and the music is not all intrusive into conversation. Once we decided to eat, it was hard to choose off the menu; everything sounded good. My husband and I both chose from the Tuscany menu and the food was delicious. Good portion sizes, good service, and great food. And the bartender makes a very good Cosmo! This is a hidden gem of a restaurant that everyone should try!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

The food is inconsistent, ranging from very good to uninspiring, and the portions are small. Nevertheless, the service is attentive and the ambience is upscale (for Las Cruces). I am hearing impaired and I prefer this restaurant for 1st dates because I can carry on a normal conversation without resorting to lip reading.