“Camping cabins”
Review of Las Cruces KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Cruces
Las Cruces KOA
Iowa
“Camping cabins”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This KOA doesn't have any cabins that sleep more than four people, so I booked two cabins since we're a family of five. Our cabins were right next to each other, which was nice. The campground is small, which I think is a big plus: no having to worry about an overcrowded pool or waiting in line to use the bathrooms/showers! It's located out in the 'burbs of Las Cruces, with several houses nearby. Easy acess to the interstate. A gorgeous view of the mountains; be sure to try to be up early enough to see the sun rise. And at night the lights from Las Cruces glitter way below the campground. Very pretty.
My kids enjoyed the playground, and we all enjoyed the pool. It's the best pool I've ever seen at a campground. It's quite big, and has a roped off section that's seven feet deep. My kids had a blast jumping in the deep end. The pool water was extremely clean, and the perfect temperature. The pool has a wall around it for privacy, and is gated; you need a code to get in. There's a sun deck with quite a bit of space to lay out, and an area that's covered if you don't want to be in the sun.
Our cabins were very clean, and came with a double bed and a single bed. There were picnic tables outside and grills. One of the cabins (the first one) had a really cute fountain next to it. The cabins are a short walk to the bathrooms (which were also very clean).
My favorite thing about this KOA was the short path up to the gazebo, which all the guests could use. I sat in it several times and and enjoyed the view of the mountains.

Room Tip: If staying in a cabin, request cabin number 1 to be by the fountain.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kren250

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The bathrooms were some of the cleanest we have seen at any KOA. The staff was friendly and our cabin was very clean, with a good AC unit. The campground was a little far from the main strip of Las Cruces (not that there was really anything going there anyways). Overall, it was clean and quiet. Good place to stop in.

• Stayed May 2013
Lake Elsinore, California
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stopped here en route to Big Bend National Park from California. Las Cruces is a logical destination about a day's drive east of Tucson, so we were glad to have found this KOA and very happy that the park is located in a convenient location almost directly off I-10.

Even so, there is minimal road noise and the view of the city below is quite lovely.

The staff were very friendly, the grounds well maintained.

The bathroom facilities were spacious and clean. The only drawback is the bath house is located in the main building and somewhat away and up a hill from the campground, so we had a bit of a hike to shower.

I would recommend this property for anyone looking for a quiet spot with great views and convenient access to I-10.

Room Tip: Outer sites have best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CalGal1954
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We met friends here for a long weekend. Super close to I-10. Pet friendly. Great staff. We stayed in a view site, which I recommend. Beautiful view of the Organ Mountains. We visited White Sands and La Mesilla. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very nice and clean place. Great Hot Showers and long pull throughs for those with big rigs or rigs pulling cars. Easy on and off the freeway. Great place to sleep and go. Very good management. We arrived very late and all the paper work was done and waiting for us in their outside night basket. Then the next morning they actually opened 2 hours early for us so we can check out early and get back on the road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here on a road trip around New Mexico. We wish all camp grounds in NM were like this one. The location was great, not far from the highway and near town as well. The view was spectacular. We took pictures of the sunset and sunrise. The bathrooms were immaculate. Our campsite was the only one that had grass and we were able to stake our tent in, this was the only campground where we were able to do this. They even had a welcome sign out front with our name on it. Great experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ERoeing
Parker
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Am retired woman in mid 70's as was walking my little Bichon dog (on a leash) one morning when manager's cat came screaming and visciously attacked dog with cat scratching and flinging her around. I would never have been able to save my dog without help of gentleman camper walking his little dog. A heartfelt and most sincere thank you. .who and where-ever you are. Emergency vet visit followed with diagnosis and prescription as cat's claw had torn tissues at corner of eye and barely missed cornea.
KOA manager was quite rude, stating repeatedly she did not believe me and her cat would never attack a dog. Owner of campground was not helpful either. Las Cruces KOA did pay vet bill and I have copy of diagnosis and treatment paperwork/billing.
This is a nice KOA and I've stayed there a couple times in past without any problems.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo