“Best Campground in NM” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Cruces KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Cruces
Las Cruces KOA
You added Las Cruces KOA to your Saves list
Bartlett, Illinois
“Best Campground in NM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here on a road trip around New Mexico. We wish all camp grounds in NM were like this one. The location was great, not far from the highway and near town as well. The view was spectacular. We took pictures of the sunset and sunrise. The bathrooms were immaculate. Our campsite was the only one that had grass and we were able to stake our tent in, this was the only campground where we were able to do this. They even had a welcome sign out front with our name on it. Great experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ERoeing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Parker
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Am retired woman in mid 70's as was walking my little Bichon dog (on a leash) one morning when manager's cat came screaming and visciously attacked dog with cat scratching and flinging her around. I would never have been able to save my dog without help of gentleman camper walking his little dog. A heartfelt and most sincere thank you. .who and where-ever you are. Emergency vet visit followed with diagnosis and prescription as cat's claw had torn tissues at corner of eye and barely missed cornea.
KOA manager was quite rude, stating repeatedly she did not believe me and her cat would never attack a dog. Owner of campground was not helpful either. Las Cruces KOA did pay vet bill and I have copy of diagnosis and treatment paperwork/billing.
This is a nice KOA and I've stayed there a couple times in past without any problems.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank wedolovetraveling
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed here in one of the tent sites by myself. I was a bit worried, but the owner was very friendly and understanding by telling me that the grounds are frequently patrolled by staff or the regulars. Plus, the bathrooms have a key code to get into. He was so right! I felt very safe and got a great nights sleep! The view from the gazebo is beautiful at any time of the day or night. The only downside was that the pool was closed. Otherwise, I would definatly recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
      Rooms
1 Thank Chardala
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is by far my favorite koa campground. I stayed here with my wife and two small children and we had a blast. The veiw of Las Cruces at night is unbelivable. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank waldon h
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

Great place. I stayed in one of their cabins just a week ago (October) and it was just right. The campground is located on the bluffs of the Rio Grande (although the river is not at the bottom here) and so the views were superb. The tent sites seemed good, and so did the RV sites. Nice pool, and clean bathrooms.
I'd stay here again if in Las Cruces.

• Liked — Clean. Views. Location.
  • Disliked — Some traffic noise from nearby road.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business