“Do not go”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2018

The place is dirty, the service was absolutely horrible and the food just awful, my stomach bothered me hours afterwards and I didn't even eat until full as it was just awful. I had a chicken sandwich that came with bacon on it, the bacon was half cooked and cold, that adds up to rubbery, had to take it off, my fries were cold, my coffee was hardly warm and when the waitress finally came to the table we were just about ready to leave because it took so long and the place only had 2 other couples. The worse ever.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

As usual, Simon and the Sunset Staff helped us pull off a spectacular event for our friends. Everyone loves the venue and can't get enough of the delish food. Our friends couldn't get enough crab cakes!! We never lack compliments during and after our events at Sunset! Thanks

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Sunset Grill is an amazing restaurant not well known sadly for them. Their dinner menu is well balanced and has something for everyone. Their scallops (yes scallops in New Mexico) are beautifully prepared and absolutely delicious. Services is exceptional. This restaurant is at Sonoma Ranch Golf Course but you don’t need to be a member to enjoy some of the best food around.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Husband & I went on a Friday around 3 pm, so only the lunch menu was available. On the drive to the restaurant, we drove by part of the course, which was notable for large yellow patches. It looked nice inside the facility & we were allowed to sit at a table in the area that looks out over the course & part of the city. A green was right outside & had gouges & yellow patches on it that made it unappealing. We both ordered Diablo Penne Pasta with cups of Green Chile Stew for a starter. At another table someone was working diligently & vocally to sell a group on holding a wedding reception at the facility. That persisted during most of our approximately 30 minute wait for the soup. We finally asked the server when we could expect our soup & he said he'd misunderstood & thought we wanted it with the meal. Several minutes later the soup appeared & we asked for the bread he'd promised. Before either of us had tasted the soup, he returned with the entree. I told him to take my soup as I'd wanted it as a starter. Husband asked again about the bread. When server finally returned, it was to tell us that bread didn't come with the lunch order, but that it would be along shortly. Meanwhile we heard all about the voluble dissatisfaction of the table behind us, their primary complaint being the long wait for salmon, which was dry when served. He'd also ordered french fries, which never appeared. These complaints were being voiced to the apparent manager. Shortly thereafter, our bread finally arrived & proved to be what looked & tasted like grilled Wonderbread. The pasta needed more sauce & was quite dry. I left most of my meal as I didn't consider it worth eating. To his credit the server didn't charge for the soup, which neither of us ate. It was a poor value & an unrewarding experience. We would not be likely to go there again & certainly wouldn't recommend it, although someone else might have a better experience at a different time of day.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

We took the whole family out. Six adults and 3 kids. The kids had chicken fingers, really creamy mac and cheese and a huge been burrito. They loved it. But the adults all had the Prime Rib. We were in heaven. The portions were big, they were each cooked the way we each wanted them. The salad was fresh, the bread was warm. Afterwards there was no room for dessert - so we just stayed awhile and enjoyed an evening together. They only serve this once a month. We always try to reserve that night. I'm including a picture, but keep in mind that my daughter likes medium well and that's what we took the picture of. The rest of us had medium or medium rare and it was juicy and pink. Hope you all can go next month.

1  Thank Ymrweb

Been to Sunset Grill? Share your experiences!